Bobby Jones bracket
• No. 32 Ryo Ishikawa def. No. 64 Ross McGowan, 2-up. Ishikawa was inconsistent, finishing at 1 under, but McGowan was scuttled by four mid-round bogeys.
• No. 48 Thongchai Jaidee def. No. 16 Robert Karlsson, 4 and 3. Four bogeys in a six-hole stretch at mid-round by Karlsson was enough to propel the Thai golfer into the round of 16.
• No. 57 Jeev Milka Singh def. No. 40 Matt Kuchar, 1-up. After Singh made bogey at the fifth hole, he kept a clean scorecard the rest of the way.
• No. 9 Ian Poulter def. No. 41 Adam Scott, 2 and 1. A bogey at 12 and a double bogey at 14 eliminated Scott, who led through the first eight holes.
Ben Hogan bracket
• No. 36 Tim Clark def. No. 4 Martin Kaymer, 3 and 2. The South African Clark, who eliminated Tiger Woods last year, advanced to the Sweet 16 again this year, playing 6 under through 16 holes.
• No. 13 Sergio Garcia def. No. 45 Anders Hansen, 2 and 1. Rallying from three down at the fifth hole, Garcia was able to advance with a flurry of four birdies.
• No. 37 Oliver Wilson def. No. 5 Rory McIlroy, 20 holes. The wee Irish lad had to overcome a 2-hole Wilson lead after 15 holes just to force a playoff.
• No. 21 Luke Donald def. No. 12 Robert Allenby, 6 and 5. Dominating from the start, Donald rolled in six birdie putts in just 13 holes.
Gary Player bracket
• No. 31 Nick Watney def. No. 2 Lee Westwood, 2 and 1. One of America's young guns birdied 13, 14 and 15 to take out the highest remaining seed.
• No. 18 Retief Goosen def. No. 15 Ernie Els, 20 holes. Goosen didn't play notably well, but bogeys by Els at 16 and 17 sent the match into extra holes, and Goosen won with a conceded putt on the second sudden-death hole.
• No. 58 Ben Crane def. No. 26 Y.E. Yang, 3 and 2. Yang picked a bad time to have a sour round. He was 4 over with two double bogeys.
• No. 23 Camilo Villegas def. No. 10 Geoff Ogilvy, 2 and 1. Villegas didn't play especially well, but Ogilvy, the defending champ, hurt himself with three bogeys on the front nine.
Sam Snead bracket
• No. 35 Charl Schwartzel def. No. 3 Jim Furyk, 3 and 2. Schwartzel's clean scorecard included five birdies to eliminate the ex-Wildcat standout.
• No. 19 Stewart Cink def. No. 16 Sean O'Hair, 1-up. A bogey at 17 derailed O'Hair, who couldn't overcome a string of three back-nine birdies.
• No. 6 Paul Casey def. No. 38 Mike Weir, 5 and 4. Last year's runner-up birdied seven holes to advance to the Sweet 16.
• No. 54 Brian Gay def. No. 22 Zach Johnson, 2-up. A birdie at the second hole gave Gay a lead he didn't relinquish, although he didn't close out Johnson until the 18th green.
Compiled by Greg Hansen