As featured on
Tucson point guard RaTanya Newsome thought the pain in her knee would cost her a shot at playing hoops collegiately. Newsome suffered a complete tear of her anterior cruciate ligament just weeks before the end of the high school basketball regular season, costing her the playoffs and possibly worse.
Wildcat Sports Report
Sign up to get sports news and blog headlines
- Arizona basketball: Kobi Simmons works out for Suns
- Arizona Wildcats picked No. 1 in ESPN's latest preseason poll
- Arizona basketball: Well-traveled Kadeem Allen visits Lakers
- Arizona basketball: Emmanuel Akot to reclassify, join Wildcats next season
- Rawle Alkins to withdraw from NBA Draft, return to Arizona Wildcats
- RichRod: New Arizona Wildcats QB Donavan Tate to provide 'immediate competition'
- DE Darrell Cloy Jr. becomes latest Arizona Wildcat to take medical retirement
- Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez not thrilled with outcomes of NCAA rule changes
- Arizona Wildcats tight end Brion Anduze forced to retire because of knee injury
- Three-star linebacker Issaiah Johnson commits to Arizona Wildcats