SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks scored four goals in the final 10:45 to beat the Phoenix Coyotes 5-3 on Thursday night.
The Coyotes led 3-1 after Lauri Korpikoski's goal in the third period.
• Oilers 2, Kings 1, OT: In Edmonton, Alberta, Sam Gagner scored a power-play goal 3:01 into overtime and the Oilers rallied, leaving the defending Stanley Cup champions winless in three games this season.
• Canadiens 4, Capitals 1: In Washington, Andrei Markov's resurgence continued with a goal and an assist, and Montreal cruised to a win over the Capitals, who are 0-3 for the first time in nearly two decades.
Finally healthy after twice tearing the ACL in his right knee, Markov was part of a second-period spree in which the Canadiens scored in all sorts of ways against a Capitals team that is out of sorts.
• Hurricanes 6, Sabres 3: In Raleigh, N.C., Eric Staal scored three goals, Jeff Skinner added two and Carolina earned its victory of the season.
Skinner and Staal scored 9 seconds apart during Carolina's four-goal second period that also included a short-handed score by Justin Faulk.
• Flyers 2, Rangers 1: In Philadelphia, Wayne Simmonds and Jakub Voracek scored to help the Flyers win their first game.
The Flyers not only avoided their first 0-4 start in team history, they beat the Rangers for the first time in two seasons.
• Islanders 7, Maple Leafs 4: In Toronto, Matt Moulson and Michael Grabner scored two goals each, and New York rallied to win.
Moulson had one of four third-period goals for the Islanders (2-1), who overcame a 3-1 first-period deficit.
• Senators 3, Panthers 1: In Sunrise, Fla., Erik Karlsson scored the go-ahead goal midway through the second period and Ottawa won its third straight game to start the season.
Chris Phillips also scored for Ottawa, and Craig Anderson made 25 saves. Jason Spezza added an empty-net goal with 1:16 remaining.
• Blues 3, Predators 0: In St. Louis, Patrik Berglund scored on a penalty shot and goalie Jaroslav Halak bounced back from a poor game to lead the Blues.
Vladimir Tarasenko and T.J. Oshie also scored for St. Louis, which has at least one point in 11 of its last 13 meetings with Nashville.
• Avalanche 4, Blue Jackets 0: In Denver, Matt Duchene scored two goals and set up another, Semyon Varlamov made 33 saves and Colorado won.
• Blackhawks 3, Stars 2, OT: In Dallas, Marian Hossa scored his NHL-leading fifth goal on a power play 1:41 into overtime to give Chicago the comeback win.
With Dallas captain Brenden Morrow in the penalty box for interference, Hossa fired a one-timer from the slot past goalie Kari Lehtonen after receiving a nifty, behind-the-back pass from Patrick Kane.
• All-Star center Jamie Benn and the Dallas Stars have agreed to a $26.25 million, five-year contract.
• The Rangers acquired forward Benn Ferriero from the Pittsburgh Penguins for forward Chad Kolarik.