CHICAGO - Mikkel Boedker and David Schlemko scored shootout goals to lift Phoenix to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night, snapping the Coyotes' three-game losing streak and preserving their fading playoff hopes.
Schlemko beat Corey Crawford with a high shot for the deciding score in the third round of the tiebreaker to end Chicago's seven-game winning streak.
Patrick Kane had the lone shootout goal for Chicago.
• Penguins 3, Bruins 2: In Boston, hockey returned to Boston after the manhunt following the marathon bombings, and Jarome Iginla scored the tiebreaking goal that gave the Pittsburgh Penguins win over the Bruins and home-ice advantage throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs.
• Maple Leafs 4, Senators 1: In Ottawa, James Reimer put in a monstrous effort with 49 saves and Toronto clinched a playoff berth for the first time since 2004.
• Capitals 5, Canadiens 1: In Montreal, Troy Brouwer and Alex Ovechkin each scored twice as Washington beat Montreal.
Nicklas Backstrom also scored for the Capitals, who had an eight-game winning streak stopped in Ottawa on Thursday but rebounded with their 13th win in 16 games. They stretched their lead over second-place Winnipeg in the Southeast Division to three points.
• Islanders 5, Jets 4, SO: In Winnipeg, Manitoba, John Tavares scored the winning goal in a shootout to help surging New York.
Bryan Little tied the game for Winnipeg 4-4 with 2:01 left in regulation - seven seconds after Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky was called for interference.
• Devils 6, Panthers 2: In Newark, N.J., Patrik Elias scored twice and New Jersey kept its faint playoff hopes alive by rallying from a two-goal deficit for a win.
• Flyers 5, Hurricanes 3: In Raleigh, N.C., Wayne Simmonds got his first career hat trick and added an assist to lead Philadelphia to a win over Carolina in a matchup of teams eliminated from playoff contention.
• Canucks 2, Red Wings: In Vancouver, British Columbia, Maxim Lapierre scored in the shootout, Cory Schneider made 33 saves through overtime and the Vancouver Canucks clinched a playoff berth.