Los Angeles - Jeff Carter scored his 24th goal Thursday night and scored again in the shootout, and the Los Angeles Kings remained in fourth place in the Western Conference with a 3-2 victory over Colorado.
Mike Richards scored in the first period, and Jonathan Quick made 26 saves for the defending Stanley Cup champions, who ended a two-game losing streak.
Captain Dustin Brown and Anze Kopitar also scored in Los Angeles' 3-for-3 shootout against Jean-Sebastien Giguere.
• Sharks 3, Red Wings 2: In Detroit, Patrick Marleau scored the winner in the shootout and had a short-handed goal earlier.
San Jose is one point behind the Kings for fourth place in the West. The Red Wings, clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot, are hoping to extend the franchise's streak of consecutive postseason appearances to 22 but have lost five of their last seven.
• Blues 2, Wild 0: In St. Paul, Minn., Brian Elliott notched his third straight shutout, stretching his streak to 189 minutes 31 seconds without a goal, and St. Louis won its sixth straight game.
Roman Polak ended a 120-game streak without a goal, and Andy McDonald also scored, sending the Wild to its sixth loss in eight games.
• Jets 7, Panthers 2: In Winnipeg, Manitoba, Evander Kane scored two goals and Winnipeg moved into a tie for eighth place in the Eastern Conference with the Rangers .
Aaron Gagnon, Andrew Ladd, Grant Clitsome, Dustin Byfuglien and Chris Thorburn also scored to for Winnipeg.
• Penguins 6, Lightning 3: In Tampa, Fla., Jussi Jokinen scored two goals and added an assist, and Pascal Dupuis had a goal and two assists for Eastern-Conference leading Pittsburgh.
Chris Kunitz, Evgeni Malkin and Tanner Glass had the other Pittsburgh goals. Dupuis has three goals and eight points during a four-game points streak.
• Canadiens 5, Sabres 1: In Buffalo, N.Y., Peter Budaj stopped 14 shots, and Montreal clinched a playoff berth and regained the Northeast Division lead.
P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov had a goal and an assist each.
• Senators 3, Flyers 1: In Philadelphia, Colin Greening scored the go-ahead goal late in the third period, and Ottawa snapped a five-game losing streak.
Greening scored after Flyers forward Claude Giroux was hit with a double-minor penalty for high-sticking with 6:07 left.
• Islanders 2, Bruins 1: In Boston, Josh Bailey scored twice, and New York added another big win in its surge toward the playoffs.
The Islanders improved to 5-0-1 in their last six games. They are seventh in the East.
• Capitals 3, Hurricanes 1: In Washington, the Capitals won their sixth straight and extended Carolina's losing streak to seven.
Troy Brouwer and Mike Green scored second-period goals, Brouwer added an empty-netter.
• Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov was suspended for four games by the NHL for elbowing Bruins forward Brad Marchand in the head.
The league announced the suspension Thursday, about 12 hours after the second-period hit left Marchand with a mild concussion in the Bruins' 5-4 win.
• Ilya Kovalchuk will not play for the Devils until his injured right shoulder feels comfortable. After skating with nine other players Thursday, Kovalchuk was uncertain whether he would be able to play for the defending Eastern Conference champions today against the Senators.