NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Pekka Rinne made 19 saves for his second consecutive shutout, leading the Nashville Predators to a 3-0 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday night.
Gabriel Bourque, Nick Spaling and Mike Fisher had the Nashville goals.
Rinne has shutouts in three of his past four starts and has not allowed a goal in his last 137 minutes 41 seconds of action. He has been strong this season on a Predators team that has struggled to score.
Bourque scored the game's first goal at 2:40 of the third period.
With the Predators on a power play, Martin Erat sent a wrist shot from the right boards toward the net. With his back facing Coyotes goalie Mike Smith, Bourque deflected Erat's shot with his right skate. After making contact with Bourque's skate, the puck trickled across the goal line on Smith's stick side.
• Islanders 4, Rangers 3, SO: In New York, John Tavares scored one of the Islanders' three-second period goals and then netted the winner in a shootout as the Islanders broke a five-game losing streak. Tavares followed Frans Nielsen's goal in the opening round of the tiebreaker with one of his own, and Evgeni Nabokov stopped Marian Gaborik and Rick Nash to give the Islanders the elusive win. They had dropped eight straight at Madison Square Garden, including a loss there last week.
• Canadiens 1, Panthers 0, OT: In Sunrise, Fla., Rene Bourque scored 2:10 into overtime to lift Montreal. Bourque's winner came on a tip-in just in front of the net. The puck drifted in front of the crease and Shawn Matthias couldn't clear it for Florida. Instead, it bounced off goalie Jose Theodore's pad and Bourque poked it in.
• Hurricanes 3, Maple Leafs 1: In Raleigh, N.C., Joe Corvo had a goal and an assist and Carolina won its third consecutive game. Jussi Jokinen scored the go-ahead goal, and Jeff Skinner had two assists for Carolina.
• Capitals 4, Lightning 3: In Tampa, Fla., Eric Fehr scored two goals, Mathieu Perreault had three assists, and Washington won its third straight. Troy Brouwer and Jay Beagle had the other Washington goals.
• Avalanche 4, Wild 3, SO: In St. Paul, Minn., Milan Hejduk and Matt Duchene scored in the shootout for Colorado. Jean-Sebastien Giguere stopped Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu in the shootout to get the win.
• A decision on whether NHL players will head to the 2014 Sochi Olympics isn't likely this week, but a first day of discussions went well. Talks among the NHL, the NHL players' association and officials from the international federations stretched into Thursday night as the parties worked toward getting NHL players back to the Olympics for a fifth straight time.
• Ottawa defenseman Erik Karlsson had season-ending surgery to repair his left Achilles after the tendon was cut by a skate blade during a game against Pittsburgh.
• Vancouver Canucks center Manny Malhotra will miss the rest of the season after failing to adapt sufficiently following a career-threatening eye injury. The club placed Malhotra on injured reserve Thursday for the rest of the season.