BY ENTERING AND using this web site YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU
AND ARE AFFIRMATIVELY INDICATING THAT YOU
AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Terms and Modifications
Arizona Daily Star (this "Site") is provided by the Arizona Daily Star, a Lee Enterprises
newspaper. We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site at
shall be effective immediately upon either notifying you or posting the modified
such modifications and your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed
At this time, there is no cost for using the basic or premium services of this Site.
From time to time there may be premium content available via subscription or
surcharge, and those areas will be clearly marked. Because this is an
advertising-supported service, we encourage you to patronize the advertisers
who help make this service possible.
Access to some of the content, services and features on this Site requires users to
register using the form provided. Registration may require you to provide certain
personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, street
address, gender, and date of birth. If you are under the age of 13, do not register
unless your parents have given you permission to do so.
Our use of personally
represent that the information you have provided on the form is true, accurate,
current and complete and that you will maintain and promptly update the
information to keep it so. We reserve the right to terminate the registration and
deny access to all or a portion of this site to any person who violates the Terms of
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any usernames or
passwords issued to you for your use of or access to this Site and you agree not
to allow any other person or entity to use any usernames or passwords that are
issued to you. You will be responsible for all activity that occurs (whether by you
or by others) under your user account or password. You agree to notify us
immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other
breach of security and to let us know if you wish to cancel a username or
password. You also agree to exit from your account at the end of each session.
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure
to comply with these obligations. We reserve the right to delete or change any
username or password at any time and for any reason.
USE OF THIS SITE
Our Intellectual Property
This Site and the material on the Site is owned by us and third party providers
and is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual
property laws. This Site and the content provided in this Site may not be copied,
reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without our
written permission, except that you may download, display and print one copy of
the materials presented on this Site on a single computer for your personal,
non-commercial use only. "Deep-linking," "embedding" or using analogous
technology is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing.
Unauthorized use of this Site or the materials contained on this Site may violate
applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, and any other proprietary
notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other web
site or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You may
establish a hypertext link to this Site provided the link does not state or imply our
sponsorship of the other site and further provided that you do not frame any of the
content of the Site or incorporate into another website or other service any of our
Content Submitted by You ("Submissions")
"Submissions" means all comments, feedback, suggestions, e-mail and similar
information or materials you submit to us including posting comments to blogs,
stories, and community forums, submitting letters to the editor, and submitting
manuscripts, articles, photographs, videos, artwork or other material. In sending
the material, you are representing and agreeing that:
- You are the author of the Submission or that you are making the Submission with the express permission of the author/owner.
- The Submission is free from restrictions on publication and does not infringe or violate any existing copyright or other property right that exists in favor of any other person or entity.
- You are granting us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute and or display such Submission, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now known or hereafter developed.
- You automatically waive any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way we use such content.
- You are responsible for the content of all Submissions and acknowledge that third parties may hold you responsible for content related claims including libel, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness and disclosure of confidential information.
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold us, our parent company and our affiliated entities (including our officers, directors, owners, agents and employees) harmless from all liability and costs incurred by those indemnified in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of the above representations and warranties and for any claims related to the content or your Submissions.
- We have the right to disclose any information that we believe necessary to comply with any law, regulation or governmental request or that information that could prevent or assist in the resolution of any criminal, illegal, or inappropriate activity.
We encourage a free and open exchange of ideas in a climate of mutual respect.
We do not control the messages or postings that are sent to the Site but we, or
third parties acting on our behalf, may monitor online conduct to enforce these
obligation, to refuse to post, remove, or edit any messages or postings sent to the
Site. Any action by a user that infringes on another user's right to use and enjoy
this Site is prohibited. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access
to and use of this Site if, in our view, your conduct fails to meet any of our
guidelines. We also reserve the right to change these terms at any time. It is a
condition of your use that you do not:
- Include any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose or to transmit any material that contains a virus.
- Use the Site to encourage others to engage in illegal activities or activities that could cause injury to persons or property.
- Use the Site to upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Use the Site to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available content that is harmful to minors in any way, or that is harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Attempt to interfere with any other person's use of the Site.
- Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
- Hold yourself out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with us.
- Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us or in connection with the Site.
To register a complaint about another user's conduct, please send a message to our Online Editor
Some areas of our Site may allow you to purchase items or services from us or from
third parties. We are not responsible for any interactions between you and third
parties or for the timeliness, accuracy or quality of items purchased from them.
You should review third party’s practices and policies prior to purchasing items as
their practices and policies may differ from ours. When you purchase items or
services from our Site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that
specifically apply to the items you are purchasing. You are financially responsible
for all purchases made by you or someone using your account.
Links to Other Sites
Any links from this Site to other websites are provided for your information and
convenience only. We do not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to
any website linked from this Site (or any website linking to this Site). We do not
review or monitor such links. A link from this Site to another website (or a link
from another website to this Site) does not constitute a referral, endorsement,
approval, advertising, offer or solicitation with respect to such website, its
contents, or any products or services advertised or distributed through that website.
The privacy policies of other sites may differ from ours so if you have questions
about other sites’ privacy policies, please contact them directly.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON
THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. We DO NOT WARRANT THE
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND
ON THIS SITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED
WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE
OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We, our parent, and affiliated entities ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND
SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR
ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT,
TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS
IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (1) ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR any decision
made or action or non-action taken by you in reliance upon the information
provided through this Site OR THE CONTENT FOUND HEREIN OR (2) OUR
PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO YOU. Certain jurisdictions
might not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of
certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers,
exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional
rights to those contained herein.
COPYRIGHT ACT AGENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that people who
use the website do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a
way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following
information to the Copyright Agent named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated
201 N. Harrison Street
Davenport, IA 52801
between you and us. Additional terms and conditions may apply to the purchase
of goods and services of third parties to whom you are provided access through
this Site. Your use of this Site is independent and you shall not be construed as
an employee, agent or partner of, or joint venturer with, us for any purpose. This
agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the State of
Iowa, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. In the event any provision in
this agreement is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall
nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and
such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other
Copyright © Arizona Daily Star