THEN: Tucson General Hospital, which was located on East Allen Road and North Campbell Avenue, first opened in 1949 as a 15-bed facility at Grant and Country Club Roads. In 1954 the hospital was expanded to a 30 bed site at 3838 N Campbell Ave. The site had once been the Harding Guest Ranch and the hospital was a group of converted adobe buildings, according to the Tucson Citizen.