Two local eateries failed health inspections in November but passed follow-up inspections. Here’s what you need to know.
Johnny’s Complete Foods
- 1401 N. Hualpai Road
- “Needs improvement” rating last year. Mostly “good” ratings for 10 previous years.
- What the inspector saw: After giving a “needs improvement” rating on Nov. 7, an inspector returned Nov. 18 and noted three critical violations, including caked debris on the dish-washing sink. The inspector recommended a detailed cleaning.
- Passed Dec. 2.
- Employee Cindy Fu said, “We did clean and we’ve taken care of it already.”
- 3102 E. Grant Road
- New restaurant. Passed initial inspection in September.
- What the inspector saw: After giving a “needs improvement” rating in October, an inspector returned Nov. 12 and noted the hand-washing sink was removed from the kitchen.
- Passed Nov. 25.
- Manager Maria Rembao said the sink was replaced.