Dollar General continues its expansion in Southern Arizona with its newest store under construction in Amado.
The chain pulled a $1 million building permit for a 9,100-square-foot location at 28890 S. Nogales Highway.
In the past two years, Dollar General has focused on rural parts of Southern Arizona with new stores in Sonoita, Picture Rocks and St. David.
Other construction activity around town includes:
- Core Tucson Speedway LLC pulled two permits, totaling about $32 million, for student housing and retail space at the new Hub at 850 E. Speedway.
- Raytheon’s environmental testing facility at 1151 E. Hermans Road got a $10.9 million permit for its 73,720-square-foot foundation and shell. Raytheon also pulled a $453,975 permit for a 13,741-square-foot laboratory at this location.
- A $1.5 million permit was issued to Pima Medical Institute for a 11,716-square-foot medical office at its new campus, 2121 N. Craycroft Road.
- Iora/Humana Primary Care is moving into the Oro Valley Retail Center, 10515 N. Oracle Road. The $828,000 permit is for a 5,800-square-foot facility.
- Banner Health got an $800,000 permit for a 14,500-square-foot spot at 575 E. River Road.
- Aveda Salon got a $750,000 permit for a 11,900-square-foot space at 145 S. Sixth Ave., formerly the Pueblo Hotel and Apartments with the iconic diving girl.
- Chick-fil-A is building a restaurant at 1188 W. Irvington Road. A $700,000 permit was issued for the 5,300-square-foot shop.
- A $518,000 permit was issued for the 7,277-square-foot Ajo Commercial Center at 4889 W. Ajo Way.
- Tucson International Airport got a $422,000 permit for improvements at 7250 S. Tucson Blvd.