- Bank of America Community Volunteers: Volunteers provided a day of service and a meal to the family members of veterans at the Arizona Fisher House Foundation. They completed projects throughout the facility and prepared meals and a barbecue. The Arizona Fisher House, at the Tucson Veteran Affairs campus, provides temporary lodging for families of veterans/armed forces during a medical crisis.
- Marriott Tucson Business Council: The Council has been working with Marriott properties in Tucson to gather school supplies and backpacks for Assistance League of Tucson’s Operation School Bell program. This is the fourth year they have collected, stuffed and delivered backpacks to help Tucson students in need start the school year on the right foot. The supplies are being delivered Monday, July 31.
- QuikTrip: QuikTrip donated $750 to Step Up to Justice. Step Up to Justice is a full-service free civil legal center for low-income individuals and families in Pima County, powered by volunteer attorneys. QuikTrip’s gift will enable Step Up to Justice to help next-of-kin obtain minor guardianships for children whose parents are unable to care for them.
- Hotel Congress: In an effort to expand their philanthropic giving program, Hotel Congress has partnered with local strategic non-profit counsel group, Smith & Dale. With the help of Smith & Dale, at the beginning of 2017 a $10,000 grant was added to Hotel Congress’ giving program to be awarded annually to a non-profit organization in Tucson. Organizations must apply for the grant by Sept. 30. Grant recipients will be announced on November 17. Hotel Congress is still dedicated to supporting fundraising functions with in-kind donations. Requesting this type of donation has been made easier through a request form at
- hotelcongress.com/giving online.
Submit items about charitable donations by local businesses or nonprofits to email@example.com; please use Giving Back in the email subject line and include photos in JPEG format.