- Long Realty Companies is sponsoring the Tucson Pops Orchestra in its 60th year, including the Spring Concerts Series: Music Under the Stars at Reid Park on May 10, 17, 24 and 31. All concerts begin at 7 p.m. and are free to the public. For more information, go to www.tucsonpops.org online.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Tucson Federal Credit Union provided a total of $45,000 in Community Partnership Awards to local nonprofit organizations. This year’s winners were Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson, Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona, and Tu Nidito.
- Casas Adobes Rotary Club will present $35,500 in scholarships to 12 high school seniors on May 13. The seniors had been previously honored as eighth-graders for their dedication to learning, community and leadership. Amphitheater, Catalina Foothills, Flowing Wells and Marana school districts are involved. More than 550 people are expected to attend the scholarship presentation at the University of Arizona.
- Tucson Electric Power Company and sister company UniSource Energy Services contributed $25,000 to kick-start a fundraising effort to install solar arrays on Habitat for Humanity homes.
- To encourage families to make time for family meals with senior loved ones, the Home Instead Senior Care Foundation will donate $1 to Meals on Wheels America (up to $20,000 total through July 31) for each person who commits to regularly scheduling family dinners at SundayDinnerPledge.com online.
- Cox Communications, in partnership with The Trust for Public Land, is seeking nominations for Arizona’s fourth annual Cox Conserves Heroes awards program. A total of $20,000 will be donated to local environmental nonprofits on behalf of the winner and finalists. Nominations are being accepted through 5 p.m. May 18 at www.cox7.com/cox-conserves for volunteers in Southern Arizona who are creating, preserving or enhancing outdoor spaces. The winner will be chosen through an online public vote July 13-Aug. 10.
- AARP Arizona is accepting nominations for its 2015 Arizona Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors residents 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talent and skills to enrich the lives of their community members. See email@example.com for information and a nomination form or call toll-free 1-866-389-5649. The application deadline is June 2.
- A Memorial Day paintball event from 8:30 a.m. to noon May 25 at Disruptive Paintball Field in Marana will raise money for Pay It Forward Tucson, a private, veteran-run foundation working against hunger, homelessness and poverty. Entrance fee is $40; 25 percent of proceeds will be donated.
Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use Giving Back in the email subject line and include photos in jpeg format.