A chunk of land on the city’s south side has been sold to a global transportation company.
Records from the Pima County Recorder’s Office show North Carolina-based Old Dominion Freight Line bought 9.4 acres of land at 3375 E. Corona Road from Business Park of the Desert LLC for $1.2 million.
The site of its future operation will be next to the new HomeGoods and FedEx facilities.
A spokeswoman for Old Dominion said the company was not prepared to make a public announcement of its plans .
The less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier is more than 80 years old and provides regional and national distribution, as well as logistics services.
Old Dominion currently has a Tucson service center on North Dragoon Street, west of Interstate 10 and Grant Road. It also has service centers in Phoenix and Flagstaff.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Foothills Business Ventures LLC bought an 11,300-square-foot warehouse and showroom at 1101 E. 18th St. from Betty J. Niles for $525,000. The buyer is an investor who intends to place the building on the market for lease. Gary Emerson, of GRE Partners LLC, represented the buyer, and Betty Niles, of HomeSmart Advantage Group, represented the seller.
- 818 Plumer LLC, dba Record Energy Concepts Inc., bought a 5,324-square-foot industrial building located at 818 S. Plumer Ave. and 2135 E. Eastland St. from Earl L. Benham LLC for $317,000. Brandon Rodgers, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Long Far Investments LLC bought a 6,212-square-foot industrial building at 3311 N. Chapel Ave. from Burt E. Lake and Billie Louise Lake Revocable Living Trust for $240,000. Paul Hooker, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Revolution Elite Cheer & Tumbling LLC leased 4,400 square feet at 2555 N. Jackrabbit Ave. from Split Commercial Investment LLC. Paul Hooker, Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- JKay LLC, dba Crossfit Factorum, leased 4,000 square feet at 8351 E. Broadway. The tenant was represented by Michael Laatsch, with CBRE, and the landlord was represented by Picor’s Rob Tomlinson and Stephen Cohen.
- Viner Finance Inc., dba Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., leased 2,984 square feet at 3567 E. Sunrise Drive. The tenant was represented by Tom Nieman, with Picor, and the landlord was represented by Jeff Casper and David Montijo, with CBRE.
- Casas de los Niños leased 2,730 square feet at 3131 N. Country Club Road from TDD Properties Inc. Isaac Figueroa, with Picor, represented both parties.
- Truly Nolen of America leased 2,680 square feet at 7475 E. 22nd St. from Plaza 22. The transaction was completed by Michael Laatsch, with CBRE.
- General Parts leased 2,400 square feet of industrial space at 3150 N. Freeway Industrial Loop. The tenant was represented by Bill Di Vito and Jesse Blum, with CBRE, and the landlord was represented by Picor’s Ron Zimmerman.
- Coronado Internal Medicine PC leased 2,400 square feet at 6270 E. Grant Road from Grant Wilmot Associates LLC. Andrew Sternberg, of Oxford Realty Advisors, represented the tenant, and Melissa Lal, of Larsen Baker, represented the landlord.
- IMTS Group leased 1,166 square feet at 310 S. Williams Blvd. from the Williams Center. David Montijo and Damian Wilkinson, with CBRE, represented both parties.