Construction has begun on Pima County’s newest elementary school.
A $17 million building permit was issued for the yet-to-be-named school at 11745 W. Gladden Farms Drive, commercial permit records show.
Marana Unified School District has contracted with Chasse Building Team to build the school,
which is set to open next summer.
Other construction activity around the Tucson area includes:
- A truck wash is being built at 14591 S. Mission Road for mining company Asarco.
M3 Engineering is the contractor for the $10.8 million project.
- Three buildings of 4,800 square feet each will be a new A-Family Self Storage at 9013 E. Vail Road. Sierra Land Surveying & Development Services is the contractor for the $936,000 project.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts is building a $687,000 shop at 16329 N. Oracle Road. Metro Tucson Expediting & Development is the general contractor.
- A new Chick-Fil-A is going up at 6675 E. Grant Road. Haworth Corp. is the contractor on the $574,000 shop.
- Dabdoub Investments has taken out a $1.8 million permit to begin remodeling work on the former Arizona Hotel, downtown on Sixth Avenue near Congress Street. The general contractor is Metro Tucson Expediting & Development.