Tucson’s college students will soon have more ways to satisfy those late-night cravings for milk and cookies.
Insomnia Cookies has leased 1,004 square feet in the Plaza Centro Shopping Center, 345 E. Congress St., next to Hi Fi Kitchen & Cocktails.
Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the landlord, Crow/Plaza Centro LLC, and Michael Laatsch, with CBRE, represented the tenant.
Insomnia Cookies delivers warm cookies and assorted treats until 3 a.m., with a targeted customer base of college students.
The concept was founded by Seth Berkowitz in 2003 from his dorm room at the University of Pennsylvania, where he baked and delivered warm cookies to students on campus late at night.
Today, Insomnia Cookies has more than 100 shops around the country. The Tucson location is expected to open within the next four months.
The stores open at 9 a.m. and deliveries begin at 10 a.m. A wide variety of cookies is available, along with brownies, ice cream and pints of cold milk.
Cookies can also be ordered in bulk for events.
Insomnia Cookies joins Tucson Cookie Co., which began late-night deliveries of warm cookies and other treats to the University of Arizona area in August 2013.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Holualoa Elvira LLC bought a 110,026-square-foot industrial building on 9.55 acres at 2650 E. Elvira Road for $4.3 million. Bill Di Vito, of CBRE, represented the buyer. CBRE’s Jesse Blum along with Scott Miller, of CBRE Philadelphia, represented the seller, ZYGO Corp.
- Ross Capital LLC bought the 8,554-square-foot office building at 4841 S. Overland Drive for $550,000. Jeff Casper, Tim Healy and Bob DeLaney, of CBRE, handled the transaction. The Seller was B&B Holding Co.
- Pro Box Portable Storage LLC leased 1.72 acres of land at 3825 and 3841 N. Highway Drive from JH Associates LLC. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Robert
- , with CBRE, represented the tenant.
- Bison Engineering Inc. leased 6,358 square feet in the Alvernon Business Center, 3865 E. 34th St., from AP&D Investments LLP. Rob Glaser, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Tim Healy, with CBRE, represented the tenant.
- Veterans Housing Agency Inc. leased 4,070 square feet at 720 E. 46th St. from El Gato Investment Two LLC. Russell W. Hall, Stephen D. Cohen and Kelly Fickle, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Phillip Fileccia, with Realty Executives Tucson Elite, represented the tenant.
- Desert Luna Realty LLC leased 2,160 square feet in the Ruthrauff Commerce Center, 2420 W. Ruthrauff Road, from Presson Scottsdale LLC. Rob Glaser, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Frederic Miracle, doing business as Miracle Honeybee Corp., leased 1,700 square feet in the Gateway Business Park, 3720 S. Park Ave., from William Lee LLC. Picor’s Ron Zimmerman represented the landlord.