Walls are going up at the site of a new shopping center on the city’s southwest side.
Bourn Cos. development, Fashion Park Shopping Center, on Irvington Road and Interstate 19, got three building permits for retail shells with a value of $2.3 million.
Southern Arizona Urgent Care will lease space in the new center and Chipotle is building a $300,000 shop there. Developers also hope to bring a hotel to the site in the future.
The shopping center sits on 58 acres and is being developed in phases. About 220,000 square feet of shopping space is scheduled to be online this year.
At full buildout — by 2020 — the center could have up to 600,000 square feet of retail space, developers say.
Anchor tenants will be on the west side of the center, facing I-19. Restaurants and retailers will be on the east and south sides, facing the interstate and Irvington Road.
Bourn is widening Irvington Road and adding two westbound lanes from I-19: one right-turn-only lane into the shopping center and one pass-through lane.
The Arizona Department of Transportation is also adding a third right-turn lane off of I-19 onto westbound Irvington Road.
Other construction activity around town:
- A $33.9 million permit has been issued for a 259,000-square-foot multipurpose building for Raytheon at 1151 E. Hermans Road. An additional $19.4 million permit was issued for a 120,000-square-foot advanced-test facility.
- The town of Marana got a $16.5 million permit to build a 46,352-square-foot police department at 11555 W. Civic Center Drive.
- A $13 million permit was issued to Salem Marana Investments LLC for a 96,000-square-foot senior living facility at 8689 N. Silverbell Road.
- Alta Vista Communities received a $10.4 million permit for its new apartment community at 750 W. Orange Grove Road.
- A freestanding emergency department is under construction at 6350 W. Marana Center Blvd. A $4.5 million permit was issued for the 11,000-square-foot development.
- Sunset Ranch Ventures LLC got a $4.5 million permit to build 10 single-story storage buildings and a reception area at 2720 N. Silverbell Road.Century Theaters at Park Place is getting a makeover with a $2.7 million tenant-improvement permit.
- The McDonald’s in Green Valley will be demolished and replaced. A $533,000 building permit calls for a 4,000-square-foot shop to be built at 170 W. Continental Road.