The area’s newest shopping center celebrated its grand opening Monday.
The Crossing at Sahuarita Shopping Center is a 150,000-square-foot center with tenants such as Sprouts Farmers Market, TJ Maxx and Beall’s Outlet on the southeast corner of Nogales Highway and Abrego Drive.
The developers are Wadsworth Development Group and Accelerated Development Services.
The 17.7 acre site was bought for $3.5 million in 2017.
Brenna Lacey, of Volk Co., represented the seller, La Jolla Verde Land Holdings LLC, and Darren Pitts, of Velocity Retail Group, represented the buyer.
“I want to thank the entire team that made this project come to fruition,” said Kip Wadsworth, president of Wadsworth Development Group. “From inception, to entitlements, zoning, construction and leasing, the team all worked tirelessly to meet deadlines and help the tenants open on time.”
New tenants are expected to be announced soon.
Other recent commercial activity includes:
- 3737 E. Bellevue Street LLC bought Bellevue Winstel Apartments, a 40-unit complex at 3737 E. Bellevue St., from Gould Family Properties VIII LLC for $2.1 million. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, handled the sale.
- SNGS LLC bought a 13,200-square-foot building at 2300 S. Sixth Ave. from Solar Industries Inc. for $2.1 million. Solar Industries operates a Window Depot store in the location and will lease back the building after the sale to continue operations. Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented the seller, and Hank Amos, with Tucson Realty & Trust Co., represented the buyer.
- Gould Family Properties VIII LLC bought Desert Terrace Apartments, a 24-unit complex at 1620-1622 N. Beverly Ave., from Joseph V. and Irina G. Siemienowski for $1.2 million. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, brokered the sale.
- Jensen Investments LLC purchased 15.5 acres of vacant land at 8901 E. Old Vail Road from Rita Ranch Industrial LP for $502,876. Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented both parties.
- Science Technology Engineering and Math Arizona bought a 7,169-square-foot building at 8055 E. 22nd St. from Realty Income Corp. for $500,000. Aaron LaPrise and Rob Tomlinson, with Picor, represented the seller, and Kristy Kelly, with Long Realty, represented the buyer.
- R. Directional Drilling & Underground Technology Inc., a Phoenix company expanding into Tucson, bought a 1.17-acre parcel at 507 and 547 W. Lester St. from Stamoff Investments LLC for $249,000. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the buyer, and David Blanchette, with NAI Horizon, represented the seller.