A new hair salon, offering traditional African braiding, has opened on Tucson’s east side.
Daruka Ajang, a refugee from Kenya, leased 510 square feet at 2914 E. 22nd St. to open Nile Star Braiding Salon.
Along with four employees, Ajang will do single braids, twists, sew-ins, crochet and lining. Hair extensions, ordered from Kenya, will be available in the shop.
The hair designs can take up to three hours for a crochet and up to eight hours for braiding and twisting. For the most intricate braiding, two braiders will work simultaneously.
Cost ranges from $60 to $180. The shop is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Brandon Rodgers, with Picor, represented the landlord, RRL Inc.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Sunflower Apartments, a 144-unit complex at 6502 E. Golf Links Road, sold for $6.6 million. Hamid Panahi, Cliff David, Steve Gebing and James K. Crawley, with Marcus & Millichap’s Phoenix office, represented the seller, a limited liability company. The buyer, a private investor, was represented by Lane Schwartz, with Marcus & Millichap’s West Los Angeles office.
- Presson P.V. Eleven LLC bought three industrial buildings from Buxton-Smith Ltd., located at 1601 and 1607 S. Pantano Road; 1603 S. Eastside Loop and 1635 S. Research Loop for $2.1 million. Rob Glaser, with Picor, represented the buyer, and Picor’s Ron Zimmerman represented the seller.
- DHAN Management purchased a 2,490-square-foot fast-food building at 4352 E. Speedway for $730,000. Bryan Ledbetter, of Western Retail Advisors, represented the buyer, and Michael Laatsch, of CBRE, represented the seller, Speedway Properties LLC.
- Dr. Santiago Ramirez bought a 4,014-square-foot building at 3945 E. Fort Lowell Road for $680,887. David Montijo and Damian Wilkinson, of CBRE, represented the buyer.
- J Herndon Inc. bought a one-acre pad at 3002 S. Sixth Ave. from Maqsood & Son, LLC for $640,000 to build a new Burger King. Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, handled the transaction.
- Mural Consulting Corp. leased 20,000 square feet at 1455 W. River Road. Buzz Isaacson, with CBRE, represented the tenant. Rick Kleiner and Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the landlord, 1455 W. River Road LLC.
- Machine Solutions Inc. leased 18,779 square feet at 3440 E. Britannia Drive in the Britannia Business Center. Ryan Timpani, of Colliers International, represented the tenant. Bill DiVito and Jesse Blum, of CBRE, represented the landlord.
- Wist Supply & Equipment Co. leased 6,230 square feet at 4175 S. Fremont Ave. from Doubletree Investments Inc. Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Ken McQueen, with Lee & Associates Arizona Commercial Real Estate Services, represented the tenant.
- Titan Solar Power leased 5,000 square feet at 3251 S. Dodge Blvd. from El Gato Investment Two LLC. Russell W. Hall, Stephen D. Cohen and Kelly Fickle, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Larry Beddome, with Keller Williams Success Realty, represented the tenant.
- Rigo’s Mexican Restaurant leased 2,600 square feet in Placita del Norte Shopping Center, near Oracle and Rudasill roads, from CAS Real Property LP. Greg Furrier and Diane Carlson, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Three Wells Distilling Co. leased 844 square feet at 13 N. Stone Ave., downtown. Michael Laatsch, of CBRE, represented the tenant and the landlord, BC Limited LLC.
Information for Tucson Real Estate is compiled from records at the Pima County Recorder’s Office and from brokers. Send information to Gabriela Rico at email@example.com
The business news you need
With a weekly newsletter looking back at local history.