A manufacturer of heavy industrial electric motors and generators is expanding its presence in Tucson.
Indiana-based Flanders has broken ground on a 6,750-square-foot administrative and warehouse building, adding to its footprint at 5785 S. Belvedere Ave., where it has a 10,000-square-foot repair facility.
The new building will include 4,500 square feet of warehouse space and 2,250 square feet of office space that will allow for expansion of shop capabilities.
“With this expansion of our Tucson Regional Service Center, we will be able to offer additional repair and service capabilities for our local customer base,” said Josh Jones, director of Flanders Tucson and its Mexico Regional Service Center.
“Flanders is a great example of Tucson’s growing industrial base that services the mining industry,” said David Blanchette, with NAI Horizon, who brokered the deal.
Headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, Flanders is a private company specializing in the design, manufacturing and service of the motors, generators, controls, drives and automation systems used in heavy industrial equipment.
The expansion is expected to be complete in August 2018.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- CFT NV Developments LLC bought 49,173 square feet of land for $950,000 to build a Panda Express in the future shopping center at Rancho Sahuarita Boulevard and Sahuarita Road. Dave Hammack and Brenna Lacey, of Volk Co., represented the seller, Rancho Sahuarita XX LLC. Pete Villaescusa and Jesse Peron, of CBRE, represented the buyer.
- Tucson Steam Pump Self Storage Partners LLC bought 70,036 square feet of land at Steam Pump Village in Oro Valley for $525,000. Brenna Lacey and Dave Hammack, of Volk Co., represented the seller, Evergreen-Steam Pump LLC, and the buyer was represented by Denise Nunez, of NAI Horizon.
- Skechers USA has leased 18,000 square feet in the Circle Plaza Shopping Center, 7166 E. Broadway. Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the tenant, and Andy Seleznov, with Larsen Baker, represented the landlord.
- Phenix Salon Suites leased 4,881 square feet at The Plaza at Williams Centre, on the southwest corner of Broadway and Craycroft Road. Andy Seleznov and Melissa Lal represented the landlord, Larsen Baker. Darren Pitts and Bonnie Arlia, of Velocity Retail Group LLC, represented the tenant.
- Canyon State Strength and Conditioning LLC leased 2,315 square feet at Central Point Business Plaza, 3961 E. Speedway. Kevin Volk, of Volk Co., represented the tenant, and the landlord, Central Point Tucson LLC, was represented by Jeff Zellet, with Picor.
- Worden Physique LLC leased 2,100 square feet at 4261 W. Ina Road. Kevin Volk, of Volk Co., represented the tenant, and the landlord, Sun Creek LLC, was represented by Robert Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors.
- Wags and Whiskers LLC leased 1,200 square feet in the Rancho Sahuarita Marketplace. Dave Hammack, Brenna Lacey and Kevin Volk, of Volk Co., handled the lease.
Information for Tucson Real Estate is compiled from records at the Pima County Recorder’s Office and from brokers. Send information to Gabriela Rico at firstname.lastname@example.org
The business news you need
With a weekly newsletter looking back at local history.