A local businesswoman has leased space on the city’s northeast side to open the first of three pilate studios.
Kathy Garrison got three franchise licenses to open Club Pilates Tucson. The first studio will be 1,636 square feet in the Bashas’ shopping center at 6872 E. Sunrise Drive.
The San Diego-based company expects to open about 200 studios across the country in the next couple of years, Garrison said.
Club Pilates will offer group classes and uses reformer-based training with springloaded stations.
“Pilates is for every body and every age,” she said. “You can basically do it forever.”
There will be 10 employees at the Sunrise location, and Garrison plans to open the second studio in Oro Valley and a third on the city’s east side.
There will be eight different classes with four levels of difficulty, along with private training room and Club Pilates-branded items for sale. The studio is expected to open in August.
Visit clubpilates.com/tucsonfoothills for schedule and prices.
Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented Garrison in the lease.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Filter Products Corp. leased 11,406 square feet of industrial space at 4175 S. Fremont Ave. Tim Healy and Bob DeLaney, of CBRE, represented the tenant. Steve Cohen, with Picor, represented the landlord, Double Tree Investments Inc.
- MPG Automotive Inc. leased 3,775 square feet at 2448 E. Broadway from Dahlstrom 2448 Broadway LLC. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the tenant, and Terry Dahlstrom, with Volk Co., represented the landlord.
- Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems leased 3,144 square feet at 4221 S. Santa Rita Ave. from the Ronald W. Brown Trust. Jeff Zellet, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Dave Blanchette, with NAI Horizon, represented the tenant.
- The Tucson Urban League Housing Corp. leased 3,055 square feet at 1101 S. Columbus Blvd. from Business Park LLP. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the tenant, and Jeramy Price, with Volk Co., represented the landlord.
- Scream Creamery LLC, doing business as The Screamery, leased 2,440 square feet in Clairemont Plaza from Clairemont Partners, LLC. The Screamery location at 1674 S. Research Loop will be a commissary for the local chain of ice cream shops. Rob Glaser and Max Fisher, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Picor’s Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall represented the tenant.
- T and T Motivators LLC leased 2,400 square feet at 4500 E. Speedway from Presson Midway LLC. Rob Glaser and Paul Hooker, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Power and Exercise Fitness Center LLC leased 2,400 square feet at 2480 W. Ruthrauff Road from Presson Scottsdale LLC. Picor’s Rob Glaser handled the transaction.
- Migdalia Day and Cesar Rodriguez, doing business as Diego Mexican Grill, leased 1,140 square feet 1655 S. Alvernon Way from Shawn R. Abrahams. Frank Arrotta, of Tucson Realty & Trust Co., represented both parties.