A shopping plaza in Vail continues to attract retailers as the number of homes in the area grows.
Located on the northwest corner of Houghton and Old Vail roads, Las Plazas at Old Vail is just south of the Rita Ranch master-planned community, which has about 4,900 homes.
Ground broke on the 17-acre plaza in 2015 with 15 lots of building area ranging from 3,000 to 19,000 square feet.
Retailers that have bought land include Native Grill & Wings, Freddy’s Steakburgers, Rancho Rustico Restaurant and Baggin’s.
The most recent sale was to developer HH-Houghton LLC, which plans to build a 6,250-square-foot Big O Tire store. Nancy McClure, with CBRE, represented seller OVP Development Co. LLC in the $450,000 transaction.
“I think the reason this project has had some great results — not only attracting the users to the site but also how well those companies have done once they open for business — is due to the wide trade area and the pent-up demand from the consumers,” McClure said.
“In speaking to some of the operators who have opened at Las Plazas at Old Vail, they have reported the sales hit some of the highest opening sales in their chains and have managed to maintain those high levels.”
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Palmilla MP LLC and Palmilla BCL LLC bought Vista Palmilla Apartments, a 57-unit complex at 3828 E. Fort Lowell Road and Libertade Apartments, a 20-unit complex at 3838 E. Presidio St., for $2.7 million. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, represented the buyers and sellers, Riderjak Properties LP and Seajak Properties.
- James and Sari Brody bought Palo Verde View Apartments, a 24-unit complex at 2438 N. Palo Verde Ave., from 2438 N. Palo Verde Avenue LLC for $846,000. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, handled the sale.
- Tin Cup Properties LLC bought a 7,528-square-foot building at 1700 S. Sixth Ave. from Mennonite Trust Ltd. for $180,000. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, handled the sale.
- Preferred Homecare leased 19,500 square feet at 2155 N. Forbes Blvd. in the Broadbent Business Park. Jesse Blum and Bill Di Vito, of CBRE, represented the tenant. Robert Glaser, with Picor, represented the landlord, Forbes Tucson LLC.
- T&T Cleaning & Restoration LLC leased 14,278 square feet at 420 E. Columbia St. from Plastic and Metal Parts Inc. Paul Hooker, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- LISCO leased 10,000 square feet of industrial space at 845 E. Ohio St. from 845 E. Ohio LLC. Brandon Rodgers, Stephen D. Cohen, Russell W. Hall and Kelly Fickle, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- KS Mission LLC leased 8,457 square feet at 109 W. Ventura St. from Robert and Lynn Robley. Paul Hooker, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- Stevens Equipment Supply LLC leased 6,000 square feet at 750 E. Ohio St. from Ohio Street Building No. 2 Ltd. LLLP. Rob Glaser, with Picor, represented the landlord. Josh Wyss and Tony DelDotto, with Cushman & Wakefield Phoenix, represented the tenant.
- Silver Mountain Mining Operations Inc. leased 6,000 square feet at 313 W. Sahuaro St. from Michael D. & Sandra D. Harris Living Trust. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Dream Dance leased 4,626 square feet at Tucson Place Shopping Center, on the northwest corner of First Avenue and Wetmore Road. Andy Seleznov and Melissa Lal represented the landlord, Larsen Baker, and Mark Hayes, of Tierra Antigua Realty, represented the tenant.
- Red Star Vapor LLC leased 1,536 square feet at 2921 N. Campbell Ave. from Hanarm Building LLC. Debbie Heslop, of Volk Co., represented the tenant, and Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, represented the landlord.