A locally owned and operated self-storage facility will open this week on the city’s west side.
Silverbell Self Storage at Sunset Ranch, 2720 N. Silverbell Road, is a 60,000-square-foot development with 403 rental units, including some that are climate-controlled.
Owner and developer Herb Havins bought the 6.3 acre site for $1.5 million in 2005. It was then a 28-space mobile home park. He operated the park while going through the rezoning process for his commercial project to coincide with the completion of the road improvements on Silverbell Road.
“The decade of planning that occurred for the site included a site optimization study I completed where we concluded that a single-story design self-storage facility would serve as a buffer to the adjacent residential subdivision,” Havins said.
The new facility features drive-up units, individual alarms and solar power.
Self-storage projects have been popping up around the city in the past two years as Tucson’s economy climbs out of the recession.
“I identified a large area of the western Tucson foothills … as being underserved for self storage,” Havins said. “In addition, the re-emergence of the central business district, located within three miles of our site, and the trend of increasing single- and multiple-family development within the immediate area supported our previous conclusion.”
The public is invited to tour the new facility during a grand opening celebration Friday, May 18, at 4 p.m.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- La Promesa Homes LLC bought La Promesa Apartments, a 40-unit complex at 2485 N. Alvernon Way, from Our Family Services Inc. for $2.3 million. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, handled the sale.
- Anson Arbor LLC bought a 10,760-square-foot industrial building at 4030 N. Highway Drive from Orvieto Investments LLC for $1 million. The property is leased to Team Fishel, a utility engineering and construction company. Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented the seller, and Lane Gaddy, with Stoneland Property Group, represented the buyer.
- Advantage Investments LLC bought Coronado Heights Apartments, a 10-unit complex at 3035 N. Los Altos Ave., from RJ Price Properties LLC for $495,000. Allan Mendelsberg and Daniel Leibsohn, with Picor, handled the sale.
- Sourceone Displays LLC leased a 30,000-square-foot industrial building at 2901 S. Fourth Ave. from North Land Leasing LLC. Ron Zimmerman and Ryan McGregor, with Picor, represented both parties.
- Arbico Organics leased 12,039 square feet in Foothills Business Park, 10831 N. Mavinee Drive, from SN Investment Properties LLC. Rob Glaser and Max Fisher, with Picor, handled the transaction.
- Oro Valley Surgical Suites LLC leased 7,425 square feet at 8500 N. Oracle Road from the Shoppes at Oracle Road Revocable Trust. Brent Stamm, of Newmark Real Estate of Ohio, represented the tenant, and Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, represented the landlord.
- Ruthrauff Commerce Center signed two new tenants at 2470 W. Ruthrauff Road. Orion Home Services LLC leased 4,400 square feet, and Silverstate Refrigeration & HVAC LLC leased 2,120 square feet. Rob Glaser and Max Fisher, with Picor, brokered the leases.
- OneMain Financial Services Inc. leased 1,716 square feet at 3400 E. Speedway. Debbie Heslop, with Volk Co., represented the landlord, Rancho Center LLC. The tenant was represented by CBRE.
- La Botana Grill leased 1,693 square feet at 5526 E. Grant Road from Maqsood and Sabina Enterprises LLC. Craig Finfrock, of Commercial Retail Advisors, represented the tenant, and Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, represented the landlord.
- Great Pyramid Films LLC leased 1,600 square feet in Midway Business Park, 4500 E. Speedway, from Presson Midway LLC. Rob Glaser and Paul Hooker, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- ALOHA Raspados y Algo Mas LLC leased 1,200 square feet in Plaza Azteca, 3553 S. 12th Ave., from NAI Investments LLC. Denisse Angulo-Badilla and Rob Tomlinson, with Picor, handled the lease.