A high-traffic shopping center on Tucson’s south side has two new tenants.
Foot Locker Retail Inc. leased 5,000 square feet at 1221 W. Irvington Road, in between Target and Food City in the Tucson Spectrum shopping center.
“This is a great addition to the already strong lineup of apparel retailers, bringing another national brand to the center,” said Nancy McClure, first vice president with CBRE, who represented the landlord along with Michael Laatsch.
Sonora’s Famous Hot Dog leased 4,400 square feet for a restaurant and lounge next to Harkin’s Theatres.
“Having this locally run, sit-down Mexican restaurant augment a stellar list of highly successful restaurants at this center is going to appeal to the trade area and all who come to shop and dine,” said Rachel Lamm, property manager of DDR Corp. “The interplay between its positioning next to one of Arizona’s most successful Harkin’s Theatres will add to the experience of the customer from one business to another.”
Tucson Spectrum is a 1.1 million-square-foot retail center at the southwest corner of Interstate 19 and Irvington Road. The owner of the center, DDR, is based in Ohio.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Apartment complexes The Place at Nine90, 990 E. River Road, and The Place at Ten50, 1050 N. Camino Seco Road, have been sold for $11.4 million. The seller, McCompanies of Scottsdale, was represented by Berkadia. The buyer was James Associates of Phoenix.
- Orangetheory Fitness leased 3,400 square feet in a new retail building to be constructed at the Safeway-anchored shopping center at the intersection of Silverbell and Twin Peaks roads. Craig Finfrock, of Commercial Retail Advisors LLC, represented the landlord, Shoppes at Continental Ranch LLC, and Orangetheory was represented by Billy Sunkenberg, of UpLand Group.
- Spark Project Collective LLC leased 2,908 square feet at 4349 E. Broadway from 4345 E Broadway LLC for an art, tattoo and piercing salon. Tim DeNiro, of CREG Tucson, represented the tenant and Lori A. Casey and Cameron L. Casey, of Oxford Realty Advisors, represented the landlord.
- Viva Burrito Development Corp. leased 2,100 square feet at 1055 and 1065 S. Craycroft Road. Jeramy Price, of Volk Co., represented the landlord, Roberts Development Co. Inc. and Nic Chavira, of Tango Commercial Real Estate, represented the tenant.
- Tucson Coffee Roasters LLC leased 1,628 square feet at 250 S. Craycroft Road to open a coffee shop. Jeramy Price, of Volk Co., represented the tenant and the landlord, WCCP Craycroft LLC, was represented by Phil Skillings and Ben Craney, of NAI Horizon.
- Unrein Investments LLC leased 1,450 square feet at 5422 S. 12th Ave. to Gabriel Yamez for his limousine service and photography studio. Jeramy Price, of Volk Co., represented the landlord.
Information for Tucson Real Estate is compiled from records at the Pima County Recorder’s Office and from brokers; send information to Gabriela Rico at firstname.lastname@example.org
The business news you need
With a weekly newsletter looking back at local history.