- BBB Torch Awards: Four local businesses were honored at the 2017 BBB Torch Awards. Receiving the new Spark Award, designed to celebrate successful millennials, was Sheena Saint Charles of Plum Windows and Doors. Contact One Call Center was given the Ethics Award. Fish Window Cleaning earned the Customer Excellence Award. The Good Neighbor Award went to Hughes Federal Credit Union.
- Life Care Center of Tucson: Eight members of the leadership team at Life Care Center of Tucson, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center, earned certification as dementia care specialists. The group completed the training through the Crisis Prevention Institute. The new dementia care specialists are Executive Director Paul O’Connell; Lupita Aguirre, admissions director; Ross Brantner, director of rehab services; Morgiana Correa, activity director; Michael Cunningham, maintenance director; Teresa McWhorter, assistant director of nursing; Danielle Papini, dietary manager; and Rebecca Viramontes, social services assistant.
- V.I.P Mortgage Inc.: Jerry Sundt, a Tucson-based senior loan officer, has been recognized nationally in Scotsman Guide’s Top Originators 2016 list, ranking among the top 200 loan originators in the country. Scotsman Guide released its eighth annual Top Originators ranking list in the April 2017 residential edition recognizing the top-producing mortgage professionals in the country.
- Lawrence V. Robertson Jr.: The Of-Counsel Attorney to Munger Chadwick PLC was nominated by Gov. Doug Ducey and confirmed by the Arizona Senate to serve as a member of the Arizona Power Authority Commission. The commission oversees the acquisition, allocation and use of the state of Arizona’s share of hydroelectricity generated at Hoover Dam; and its contract allottees include irrigation and electrical districts, municipalities and electric cooperatives. Robertson’s term as a commissioner ends in 2022.
- Ryan Heinfeld: Heinfeld of Advisors in Real Estate has earned the designation of Certified Commercial Investment Member. The CCIM designation denotes that the individual has completed advanced coursework in financial and market analysis, has demonstrated extensive experience in the commercial real estate industry and has passed a rigorous exam.
- Steve Cooper: The Allstate agency owner received Allstate’s Agency Affiliation award for celebrating 15 years as a Tucson business owner. Cooper provides auto, home, life and commercial insurance, as well as a variety of financial products to Tucson residents. His office is at 8919 E. Golf Links Road.
Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use “Biz Awards” in the email subject line and include photos in JPEG format.