A west-side Wendy’s shop is getting a makeover.
After buying the land it was previously leasing at 1602 W. St. Mary’s Road, TriWest Restaurants LLC began upgrades.
The 36,154-square-foot parcel was bought for $950,000 and a $200,000 tenant-improvement permit was issued for the fix-ups.
Upon completion, customers will find open dining areas with multiple seating options, including private booths, lounge seating and a Wi-Fi bar.
A touch-screen, self-serve fountain will have more than 100 beverages.
A grand reopening will be held June 3, beginning at 10 a.m. and small Frosty frozen desserts will be 50 cents all day. The first 25 guests will get a free combo meal.
Other construction activity around town includes:
- An $8.9 million permit has been issued for the downtown City Park development at 40 E. Congress St.
- La Frontera is also building downtown at 20 E. Broadway where an office, housing and mental health service building will go up with an $8.4 million permit.
- El Rancho Bungalows is adding three duplexes with a $772,770 permit at 3630 E. Third St.
- University Flats Triplex got a $743,000 permit to build three units at 380 N. Highland Ave.
- An $840,600 permit was issued for the building of Riverside Plaza Medical Office at 7890 N. Cortaro Road.
- Thornydale Plaza will get a Chick-Fil-A. The $750,000 permit was issued for the shop at 3943 W. Ina Road.
- A southeast-side urgent care center is being erected with a $712,000 permit at 1040 S. Harrison Road.
- Rancho Rustico Restaurant got a $607,000 permit to build in Old Vail Plaza, 10275 E. Old Vail Road.
- Starbucks is adding a south-side location with a $327,000 permit to build at 1765 W. Valencia Road.
- The Loft is sprucing up its location at 3233 E. Speedway with a $437,000 tenant-improvement permit.