A Houston company is opening its first freestanding emergency room in Tucson.
Nutex Health is refurbishing the old Community Partners Inc. building at 4575 E. Broadway with a $4.4 million permit issued for the 18,582-square-foot facility.
The new site, Tucson ER & Hospital, is one of a handful of emergency rooms Nutex will open this year.
“I’m really excited for what we are going to do in 2018,” said Dr. Thomas Vo, CEO of Nutex Health.
“We’ve been making a huge difference in emergency health care and I believe that we can go even further.”
The Tucson facility is expected to open later this year.
Other construction activity around town includes:
- A $2.9 million permit was issued for a 35,375-square-foot Royal Lexus Service Center at 4373 E. Speedway.
- A new gymnasium and classroom is under construction at 2325 W. Sunset Road. The 8,748-square-foot project got a $1 million permit.
- An $876,460 permit was pulled for three duplexes, with a combined space of 7,447 square feet, at 348 E. Elvado Road, near Nogales Highway and Los Reales Road.
- McDonald’s got a $715,000 permit for a 5,261-square-foot restaurant at 3830 W. Ina Road.
- The Mountain Oyster Club is getting a $450,000 remodel of its kitchen at 6400 E. El Dorado Plaza.
- Target, at 6500 E. Grant Road, pulled a $1.1 million permit for upgrades.
- Arizona Youth Partnership received a $522,000 tenant-improvement permit for its location at 7575 W. Twin Peaks Road.
Information on building permits from Ginger Kneup, firstname.lastname@example.org, owner of Bright Future Real Estate Research. Contact reporter Gabriela Rico at email@example.com. On Facebook: Facebook.com/DailyStarBiz