Pima County Fair bringing in classic rock, R&B acts
A host of classic rockers and R&B artists are heading to the Pima County Fair April 14-24.
Admission to the concerts, held on the Budweiser Main Stage in the far corner of the fairgrounds, is free with fair admission: $8 adults, $4 kids 6 to 10. Reserved concert seats are $15.
Here’s the lineup with times when available:
- April 14, R&B singer/rapper Nelly.
- April 15, Grupo Control and Banda Machos.
- April 16, classic rockers Blue Oyster Cult, Ratt and Quiet Riot.
- 3 p.m. April 17, rapper MC Magic.
- 7:30 p.m. April 17, R&B duo Salt-N-Pepa with Spinderella.
- April 18, classic rockers Firefall.
- April 20, Christian hip-hop artist TobyMac.
- April 21, songwriter Post Malone.
- April 22, rockers P.O.D., Hoobastank and Alien Ant Farm.
- April 23, country duo Locash with Texas country singer Clay Walker.
- 3 p.m. April 24, YouTube-turned-mainstream hip-hop duo Kalin and Myles.
- 7:30 p.m. April 24, regional Mexican singer Roberto Tapia.
The Pima County Fairgrounds is located at 11300 S. Houghton Road. For updates and details, visit pimacountyfair.com
Eclectic week of music set for the Rialto
The versatile and venerable singer-songwriter John Hiatt will play an acoustic show at Rialto Theatre Saturday, March 19.
It’s among a handful of Rialto shows in the next week that will keep the marquee lights blazing on the east end of Congress.
Saturday’s show starts at 8 p.m. with opener Rick Brantley. Tickets are $29 and $47 through ticketfly.com
Also coming to the Rialto, 318 E. Congress St., this week:
- Heavy metal mayhem with “Summer Slaughter & All-Stars Tour 2016” featuring Age of Tomorrow and Trapped in the Ravine among the dozen bands on the lineup. All-ages show starts at 6 p.m. Friday, March 18, and tickets are $13 in advance, $15 day of show.
- Mobb Deep, an influential early hip-hop duo, will perform with Big Meridox and EZ Goin’ at 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 23. Tickets are $25.