Judging from the reaction to our photo collection of Tucson's top dive bars, our readers love a good dive. Or is it a bad dive?
Here are the takeaways:
What makes a dive bar a dive, specifically? There was a lot of discussion on this subject. It looks like it comes down to price, gut feeling and nostalgia. True or false?
Some say it's the price of Pabst Blue Ribbon that counts; if you happen to have that information for these bars, help your fellow Tucsonans out and post it in the comments on this story.
The Shanty is NOT a dive bar according to this poll and numerous Facebook comments.
Facebook readers said we were missing some beloved dives including (but not limited to):
• The Meet Rack, 210 W. Drachman St. (though there was some grumbling about it having turned into a "college hangout.")
• The Bambi, 5050 E. Speedway Blvd.
• Saddlehorn Saloon, 6300 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
• Chicago Bar, 5954 E. Speedway Blvd.
• Driftwood, 2001 S. Craycroft Rd.