Third through eighth graders from the Tucson area are spending four weeks of their summer in Sunnyside's summer mariachi program. Video by Yoohyun Jung
As featured on
The four-week program serves about 20 children from across the Tucson area.
The charity event was hosted by the school's social justice club.
- Closed Tucson school could be farm, art space or parking lot
- Nonprofits' wish list: Gift cards, batteries, PE equipment
- Arizona task force urges more money for schools and teachers
- Bill requiring mandatory school recess in K-5th advances
- Mandatory recess for elementary students gets preliminary House OK
- Amphi picks Todd Jaeger, TUSD’s general counsel, to lead district