The United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program begins Jan. 30.
The program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families earning up to $66,000 annually.
There will be seven sites open with volunteers who can assist in the preparation of tax returns.
The preparers are IRS-certified volunteers.
The VITA program is offered by the United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona in collaboration with Catholic Community Services and the United Way of Northern Arizona.
Together it is the largest tax preparer in Arizona, serving nine of the state’s 15 counties.
In 2019, nearly 16,800 tax returns were prepared by 450 volunteers. The efforts resulted in nearly $27 million in federal refunds to taxpayers, and about $4 million in tax preparation costs saved.
The location of the VITA sites in the Tucson area are:
- Interfaith Community Services, 2820 W. Ina Road.
- Goodwill Job Connection Center, 1703 W. Valencia Road.
- City of Tucson Ward 3 office, 1510 E. Grant Road.
- El Pueblo Neighborhood Center, 101 W. Irvington Road.
- Quincie Douglas Community Center, 1575 E. 36th St.
- Abounding Grace Lutheran Church, 2450 S. Kolb Road.
- Ellie Towne Flowing Wells Community Center, 1660 W. Ruthrauff Road.
For more information about the VITA program, the hours of the preparation sites and what documents are needed, visit www.unitedwaytucson.org/vita.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.