There is still plenty of time to save money on your Arizona taxes.
Contributions to a qualifying organization between Jan. 1, 2018, and April 17, 2018, may be claimed as a credit on either your 2017 or 2018 tax return.
Here’s what you need to know about claiming an Arizona tax credit for donations to a qualifying foster care or charitable organization.
Charitable organizations that qualify for this credit are those that help the working poor, or those that help children who are chronically ill or disabled.
The maximum credit for a qualifying charitable organization donation is $800 for married couples filing jointly and $400 for all other filers.
You do not have to itemize deductions to claim a credit for contributions to charities that provide assistance to the working poor. To claim the charitable organization credits, use Form 321.
The maximum credit for a donation to a qualifying foster-care organization is $1,000 for married couples filing jointly and $500 for all other filers. To claim the foster-care-organization credits, use Form 352.
A contribution to a Qualifying Foster Care Organization does not qualify for, and cannot be included in, a credit claimed as a contribution to a Qualifying Charitable Organization on Form 321.
See your tax adviser for more information.
Qualifying organizations based in the Tucson area include:
4Freedom Inc. dba Sold No More
A New Hope for Tucson Foundation
Administration of Resources and Choices
Amistad y Salud
Angel Heart Pajama Project
Answers for Life Pregnancy Center
Arizona Baptist Children’s Services
Arizona Daily Star Sportsmen’s Fund
Arizona Housing & Prevention Services
Arizona Youth Partnership
Arizona’s Children Association
Arts for All Inc.
Assistance League of Tucson
Aviva Children’s Services
B’nai B’rith Pantano Gardens Inc. dba Strauss Manor on Pantano
Backyard Healthcare Project
Beacon Group Inc.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson
Bootstraps to Share of Tucson Inc. dba BICAS
Boys & Girls Club of Tucson
CareGiver Training Institute
Caring Ministries Inc.
Casa de los Ninos Inc.
CASA Support Council for Pima County Inc.
Catalina Council, Boy Scouts of America
Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona
Child & Family Resources Inc.
Child-Parent Centers Inc.
Children’s Clinics for Rehabilitative Services
Cinderella’s Closet Inc.
City of Tucson, Family Self-Sufficiency Program
CODAC Behavioral Health Services of Pima County
Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
Community Home Repair Projects of Arizona
Compass Affordable Housing Inc.
Cope Community Services
Coyote Taskforce Inc.
Cross Country Outreach
Desert Men’s Council
Desert Survivors Inc.
Diaper Bank of Southern Arizona
Direct Center for Independence
Eagle Wings of Grace
Early Childhood Development Group
Easter Seals Blake Foundation
Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program
Educational Enrichment Foundation
El Grupo Youth Cycling
El Rio Health Center Foundation
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Violence
Esperanza En Escalante
Exodus Community Services Inc.
Family Caregiver Foundation
Family First Pregnancy Care Center & Family Diaper Bank Inc.
Fatima Women’s Center
• Free Ever After International
• Friends in Deed
• GAP Ministries
• Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona Social Justice
• God’s Vast Resources
• Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona Inc.
• Gospel Rescue Mission
• Grace Hearing Center
• Grace Retreat Foster Care and Adoption Services
• Greater Vail Community ReSources
• Green Valley Assistance Services, Inc. dba Valley Assistance Services
• Habitat for Humanity Tucson
• Hands of a Friend
• Hands of Hope Tucson
• Haven Totes Inc.
• Hearth Foundation Inc.
• Heartsounds Mother and Infant Care
• Hebrew Free Loan Association of Tucson
• Helping Ourselves Pursue Enrichment
• Herencia Guadalupana Lab Schools
• Higher Ground a Resource Center
• Hope of Glory Center Inc.
• Hospice Education and Legal Partnership Inc.
• Impact of Southern Arizona
• Individual Achievement Association dba GaitWay
• Interfaith Community Services
• Intermountain Centers for Human Development
• Izi Azi Foundation
• Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Southern Arizona
• Job Path Inc.
• La Frontera Center Inc.
• La Paloma Family Services
• Literacy Connects
• Make Way for Books
• Marana Health Center Inc.
• Marshall Home for Men Inc.
• Mentoring Tucson’s Kids Inc.
• Mini Miracles
• Miracle Center
• Mobile Meals of Southern Arizona Inc.
• More Than a Bed
• Noor Women’s Association
• Old Pueblo Community Services
• One On One Mentoring
• Our Family Services Inc.
• Parent Aid Child Abuse Prevention Center
• Park Villa Casitas dba Blanche Johnson Courtyards
•Pasadera Behavioral Health Network Inc.
•Patrons of the Adaptive Recreation Center
• Pilot Parents of Southern Arizona
• Pima Council on Aging
•Pima County Community Land Trust
• Poverello House of Tucson
• Primavera Foundation Inc.
• Project AMOR
• Qualifying Tucson-area based Organizations
• Reachout Inc.
• Rebuilding Together Tucson
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona
• SaddleBrooke Community Outreach Inc.
• Saguaro Tucson Rotary Club Foundation
• SandRuby Community Fund
• Science of Sport
• Set Free Baptist Fellowship of Tucson
• Sister Jose Women’s Center
• Soar With the Eagles Professional GED/HSE Tutors Inc.
• Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
• Southern Arizona Association for the Visually Impaired
• Southern Arizona Children’s Advocacy Center
• Southern Arizona Land Trust Inc.
• Southern Arizona Legal Aid Inc.
• Square and Compass Children’s Clinic
• St. Elizabeth’s Health Center
• St. Luke’s Home
• St. Vincent de Paul Society, Santa Catalina Catholic Parish
• St. Vincent de Paul Tucson Diocesan Council
• St. Vincent de Paul, St. Frances Cabrini Conference
• Step Up to Justice
• STEP: Student Expedition Program Inc.
• Teen Challenge of Arizona Inc.
• Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services
• Temple Emanu-El Mitzvah Corp.
• The Child Language Center
•The Kin Foundation
• The METRO Center of Tucson
• The Native American Advancement Foundation
• The Salvation Army — Green Valley
• The Salvation Army — Tucson
• Therapeutic Ranch for Animals and Kids
• Therapeutic Riding of Tucson
• Thrive Co-Pay Assistance Program
• TMM Family Services Inc.
• Tu Nidito Children and Family Services
• Tucson Alliance for Autism
• Tucson Breakfast Lions Foundation Inc.
• Tucson Covenant with Elderly Inc.
• Tucson Homeless Connect
• Tucson Hospitality Inn
• Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
• Tucson Nursery School & Child Care Centers Inc.
• Tucson Residence Foundation
• Tucson Urban League Inc.
• United Cerebral Palsy of Southern Arizona Inc.
• Wheels for Kids
• Wings for Women
• YMCA Tax Credit Fund
• Youth on Their Own
• YWCA of Southern Arizona
SOURCE: Arizona Department of Revenue. Other charities operating in Pima County but headquartered elsewhere may also be eligible for the tax credits.