A thunderstorm has developed over Tucson bringing with it brief heavy rainfall and possibly small pieces of hail.
The storm could also bring wind gusts up to 40 miles per hour near South Tucson, the National Weather Service said in a tweet.
More storm cells are expected to arrive late Tuesday night bring heavy rain and wind across Tucson.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Tucson AZ, Catalina Foothills AZ, Oro Valley AZ until 11:15 PM MST pic.twitter.com/YLqlRDbG1S— NWS Tucson (@NWSTucson) August 15, 2018
Tucson was given a 60 percent chance for storms to arrive this evening. For tomorrow's forecast, a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms is expected throughout the day.
Here are some tips for staying safe.