Reid Park Zoo remains open but all presentations, as well as certain visitor amenities, are closed to limit traffic in high-touch areas and to reduce the number of guests gathering at one time in specific spaces.
Starting Monday, March 16, and until further notice, these areas and activities are suspended:
• Public giraffe feedings
• Keeper chats and docent touch carts
• Carousel and train rides
• Public areas of the Conservation Learning Center
• Community outreach programs
• Education classroom programs and behind-the-scenes tours
• Internal programs, meetings and events are being moved to virtual meetings where possible.
• The Asian Lantern Festival is open, but all performances at the fstival are canceled. Guests who pre-purchased tickets to the Lantern Festival who choose not to attend can call the zoo for a refund or to exchange their tickets for another event.
• The Zoo Café and Gift Shop are open; however, fewer than 50 people will be admitted at a time.
• The Zoo’s Wills Workshop on March 31 is postponed.
• The Zoo’s Wine Gone Wild event on April 25 is postponed.
• Gatherings and rentals with more than 50 guests are suspended.
• Groups who have previously scheduled rentals and third-party events are being contacted to discuss rescheduling or other options.
In this Series
- 211 updates
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.