Congratulations to this year's 40 Under 40 winners.
Co-hosted by the Arizona Daily Star and the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the award recognizes young leaders who are making an impact in the community with their professional and charitable work.
The presenting sponsor is Snell & Wilmer, and the education sponsor is Pima Community College.
From among the 40 winners, a man and a woman of the year will be announced at the event.
And the winners are:
• Sean Aiken, 29, head of school, Basis Oro Valley
• Wenona Benally Baldenegro, 34, assistant attorney general, Pascua Yaqui Tribe
• Joseph Blair, 39, executive director and president, Blair Charity Group
• Lydia Breunig, 39, director of outreach and special projects, UA Social and Behavioral Sciences
• Sanlyn Buxner, 35, education specialist, Planetary Science Institute
• Brian Chase, 28, associate attorney, Law Office of Ronald Zack
• Stephanie Coronado, 32, special staff assistant, Pima County Attorney's Office
• Jessica Delfs, 30, marketing and admission director, Casas Christian School
• Matt Donaldson, 34, principal of Empire High School
• Kacey Ernst, 38, assistant professor, UA College of Public Health
• Samantha Esquivel, 25, public-relations lead and spokeswoman, Humane Society of Southern Arizona
• Elizabeth S. Fella, 33, attorney, Quarles and Brady
• Carlos Emilio Garcia, 38, senior systems engineer, Raytheon Missile Systems
• Ciara Garcia, 37, chief of operations, Tu Nidito
• José Gastelum, 39, principal, Desert View High School
• John Gibson, 30, area president for Southern Arizona, Wells Fargo
• David Godlewski, 35, president, Southern Arizona Home Builders Association
• Amy Hernandez, 37, attorney, Piccarreta Davis PC
• Ricardo Hernandez, 32, chief financial officer, Pima County Schools Superintendent's Office
• Heather Hiscox, 36, founder, Seven Degrees Consulting
• Juan F. Ibarra, 29, partner, New York Life Insurance Co.
• Sherry Janssen Downer, 35, associate, Fennemore Craig
• Taylor Johnson, 34, English teacher, Desert View High School
• Tana Kay Jones, 38, director of development, Jewish Community Center
• Megan Kapp, 32, assistant director of Beyond Textbooks, Vail Unified School District
• Scott Koenig, 32, director of development, UA Alumni Association
• Amanda Kraus, 34, assistant director, UA Disability Resources Center
• Steve Leininger, 34, principal, La Paloma Academy, and owner of Achieve Academy
• Sarah Lennartz, 35, assistant vice president, JP Morgan Chase Bank
• Karen Mattull, 38, director of human resources, BeachFleischman
• Abra McAndrew, 38, assistant director, UA Terry Lundgren Center for Retailing
• Brooke McDonald, 27, co-founder, LeadLocal
• Kelley Monahan Prust, 34, director of membership, marketing and interactive media at UA Alumni Association
• Anthony Rivera, 35, vice president of web strategy, Anchor Wave Internet Solutions
• Regina Romero, 39, vice mayor of Tucson
• Brett Rustand, 38, vice president, Crest Insurance
• Jorge Santa Cruz, 33, president, Bancapital Home Loans
• Daniel Stringer, 27, CEO, Total Care Connections
• Matt Stuart, 31, assistant forward planner, Meritage Homes
• Nicole Taylor, 32, director of outreach/strategic development, Imagine Greater Tucson
If you go
• What: 40 Under 40 Awards Breakfast.
• When: 7 to 9 a.m. Oct. 2.
• Where: The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tucson Reid Park, 445 S. Alvernon Way.
• Cost: $45 per person.
• See tucsonhispanicchamber.org or call 620-0005 for tickets or more information.