WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Bodycam footage of Tucson Police Officer Danny Leon responding to the chaotic shooting scene on Irene Vista. Leon collides with suspect Leslie Scarlett, 35, and shoots him on Sunday, July 18, 2021. Tucson Police Department video.
As featured on
Tucson shooting suspect, age 35, is accused of killing two people and wounding several others, including a firefighter and two EMTs.
The attack that killed a Good Samaritan and left many injured revealed tough issues in Tucson's public safety. But the goodwill and humanity of our public-safety professionals and neighbors isn't one.
A house fire on Tucson's south side and shootings that immediately followed July 18 have left four people dead, including the gunman, and several others injured.
- Watch now: Press conference on Sunday's deadly southside shootings and house fire
- 1 of 2 EMT's ambushed in Tucson shooting attack ID'd
- 2 teens facing murder charges in shooting at Tucson apartments
- Hearing for Tucson police chief's nomination to top border post stalled
- House fire that killed mom likely started attacker's decline