The Isabella Lee Natural Preserve on Tucson's northeast side has gone from drought-stricken to full of greenery during this summer's active monsoon.
Tim Steller is the Star’s metro columnist. A 20-plus year veteran of reporting and editing, he digs into issues and stories that matter in the Tucson area, reports the results and tells you his opinion on it all.
As featured on
For Star subscribers: Tucson made an abrupt U-turn from record heat in June to record rainfall in July. In our hotter climate, we need to plan for all sorts of extreme weather, not just heat.
- Tucson passes average annual rainfall total
- Watch now: Bighorn Fire scar debris flows in Tucson's Cañada del Oro Wash after recent monsoon showers
- 6 places to take a leisurely walk in Tucson
- Photos: Dramatic water rescue in the CDO Wash north of Tucson
- Watch now: Flash flooding at Sabino Canyon after monsoon storms in Tucson
- Political Notebook: Friese drops out of Dems' congressional race
- Watch now: Rillito River flowing with leftovers from this week's storms
- Tim Steller's opinion: End right-to-work freeloading, but spare happy independent contractors
- Weekend rain brings Tucson a bit closer to record monsoon
- Watch now: Time-lapse of supercell shows monsoon storm south of Sierra Vista
- Tim Steller's opinion: Zip-tie incident at Vail school reveals nature of coffee shop activist
- Tim Steller's opinion: Sports betting unlikely to make much tax money for Arizona
- Political Notebook: Saturday is Petition Palooza for referendum drives