An estimated 75 bighorn sheep are in the Santa Catalina Mountains after the Tucson area's monsoon livened up local habitats, according to a Wednesday tweet from the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Video courtesy Ben Brochu.
This summer's heavy rainfall has brought new plant growth and helped restore areas that were burned during the Bighorn Fire that raged in the Catalinas last year.
As featured on
- Photos: Monsoon 2021
- Watch now: Bighorn Fire scar debris flows in Tucson's Cañada del Oro Wash after recent monsoon showers
- Tucson's 2021 monsoon is inching its way to becoming the wettest on record
- Watch now: Tucson's monsoon season brings Sabino Canyon to life
- 9 hiking tips to help keep you safe during Tucson summers
- 6 places to take a leisurely walk in Tucson
- Tucson passes average annual rainfall total
- Watch now: Elephants play in the mud at Reid Park Zoo during Tucson's rainy season
- Watch now: Rillito River flowing with leftovers from this week's storms
- Watch now: Coyote pups play in front yard near Tucson Estates
- Counting sheep: Arizona Game and Fish to survey bighorns near Tucson
- Watch now: Owl takes a bath in trough on Tucson's northwest side