Take a trip up to the top of Mount Lemmon with drone footage showcasing breathtaking spots along the way.
Mount Lemmon, with a summit elevation of 9,159 feet, is the highest point in the Santa Catalina Mountains. It is located in the Coronado National Forest north of Tucson.
Mamta Popat has been a photojournalist with the Arizona Daily Star since 2003. She covers a wide range of topics including daily life, news, border issues and Pac-12 sports. She's the only vegetarian in the photo department.
As featured on
- Tucson passes average annual rainfall total
- 10 things to do on Mount Lemmon, where it's 20 degrees cooler
- One year later, researchers chart damage, recovery from Bighorn Fire
- Photos: Monsoon 2021
- 9 hiking tips to help keep you safe during Tucson summers
- Tucson's 2021 monsoon is inching its way to becoming the wettest on record
- As COVID-19 surges, UA faculty call for flexible online teaching options
- Arizonans have right to control own publicity, Appeals Court rules
- Tucson bishop to merge St. Frances Cabrini, Our Lady of La Vang parishes
- Arizona lawmaker asks judge to toss out defamation lawsuit
- Former Arizona lawmaker from Tucson pleads guilty to filing false tax returns
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes goes on trial on fraud, conspiracy charges
- R&B divas Chaka Khan, Sheila E. join forces to reopen Tucson's AVA