Strong monsoon storms swept through southern Arizona Tuesday evening, bringing heavy rainfall and hail from Bisbee towards Sierra Vista.
The National Weather Service issued severe thunderstorm warnings in southwestern Cochise County the evening of Sept. 7 starting around 5 p.m. and lasting several hours. Residents of Bisbee and Hereford reported quarter-sized hail that caused damage to skylights in their homes.
The time-lapse, filmed Tuesday near East Golf Links Road and South Coronado Drive in Sierra Vista, shows the storm moving west. Video courtesy of Shawn Cottier.
As featured on
Environmental groups asked a federal judge Tuesday to order the federal government and the Army to take another look at how Fort Huachuca is affecting the San Pedro River.
- Weekend rain brings Tucson a bit closer to record monsoon
- Watch now: Coyote pups play in front yard near Tucson Estates
- Watch now: Amazing before and after — Tucson monsoon leads to plant boom
- Photos: Monsoon 2021
- Watch Now: This Tucson street has a natural spring in the middle of it
- Father, son arrested in slaying of woman on Tucson's south side