The University of Arizona is hiring a new recruiting director – the latest step in first-year coach Kevin Sumlin’s ongoing overhaul of the football department’s operations.
The official title of the post is Senior Director of Recruiting and High School Relations. The position will focus on the “execution of the entire recruiting and high school relations process” for the UA football program, according to the job posting.
The recruiting director’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing the organization and execution of Potential Student-Athlete (PSA) evaluation on behalf of the coaching staff.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of a player-personnel database.
- Managing the day-to-day and annual review of recruiting processes and strategies.
- Assisting Dennis Polian, Arizona’s recently hired associate athletic director for football, with various duties.
- Cultivating and managing relationships with the high school coaching community, with a focus on the states of Arizona, California and Texas.
Chris Singletary had been Arizona’s director of recruiting since January 2016. He currently is listed in the staff directory as a football analyst, and it’s unclear what the future holds for him in Tucson.