Observations from warmups before the Arizona Wildcats’ game against Southern Utah on Saturday night at Arizona Stadium (8 p.m., Pac-12 Networks):
* It appears that Arizona is making several changes on defense. The flip card shows Abraham Maiava entering the starting lineup at nose tackle, with Scottie Young Jr. joining him at free safety.
* Based on 11-on-11 warmups, it also appears that Finton Connolly will start at defensive tackle. Jarrius Wallace worked with the first team at the “Bandit” safety position.
* Defensive tackle PJ Johnson, who started the first game, is not dressed and will miss his second straight contest. Fellow DT Dereck Boles is in uniform and participated in warmups but didn’t line up with the first unit. Boles left the Houston game last week and did not return.
* It looks like Arizona is going to rotate heavily at cornerback, with the first four consisting of Tim Hough, Antonio Parks, Jace Whittaker and Lorenzo Burns. Whittaker missed the first two games.
* Freshman Dayven Coleman is in line to make his first career start at the “Spur” safety spot.
* Safety Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, who got hurt at Houston last week, participated in warmups but didn’t line up with the ones.
* Quarterback Khalil Tate (ankle) did not appear to be impaired in any way during warmups.
* Defensive end Justin Belknap was spotted pregame on crutches with a boot on his left foot. We reported earlier today that he has a broken foot and will be out 8-12 weeks.