Observations from warmups before the Arizona Wildcats’ game against No. 19 Oregon on Saturday night at Arizona Stadium (7:30 p.m., ESPN):
* UA quarterback Khalil Tate is dressed and took the first-team reps in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 work, so it appears he’s returning to the starting lineup. Tate missed most of the Utah game and sat out last week to rest a sprained left ankle. Both of Tate’s ankles are heavily taped. He appeared to be moving well during warmups.
Khalil Tate warming up for Arizona. 👀 pic.twitter.com/0RpvLAbUw4— The Wildcaster (@TheWildcaster) October 28, 2018
* Senior left tackle Layth Friekh, who also sat out against UCLA because of lingering ankle issues, lined up with the first unit during the 11-on-11 portion of warmups. With Friekh apparently back, Cody Creason has shifted to left guard. Donovan Laie is back at right tackle.
* Cornerback Lorenzo Burns, who missed the UCLA game because of a sprained neck, is dressed and participated in warmups. He’s listed as a starter on the press-box flip card.
* Freshman Christian Young, who made his first career start at UCLA, is listed as the other starting corner. Young moved from safety to cornerback last week.
* Senior cornerback Jace Whittaker, who has played only one series this year, participated in 7-on-7 drills. That doesn’t mean Whittaker is going to play, but it could mean he's closer to playing. Whittaker has dressed every week.
* Ryan Thorburn of The Register-Guard reports that the following Oregon players didn’t make the trip: defensive lineman Austin Faoliu, linebacker Isaac Slade-Matautia and tight end Kano Dillon.
Contact sports reporter Michael Lev at 573-4148 or email@example.com. On Twitter @michaeljlev