Observations from warmups before the Arizona Wildcats’ game against Utah on Friday night at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City (7 p.m., ESPN):
* “Stud” Kylan Wilborn, who missed the second half last week because of an undisclosed injury, is dressed and participated in warmups. However, he was not part of the first or second units in 11-on-11 drills. It appears that Lee Anderson III will start in his place.
* The rest of the first-team defensive line: JB Brown, PJ Johnson and Dereck Boles. The second-team D-line: Jalen Harris, Finton Connolly, Abraham Maiava and Nahe Sulunga.
* Cornerback Jace Whittaker, who has been out since hurting his left arm vs. Southern Utah, seems to be progressing. He’s wearing his game socks and shoes, and he used both arms to catch passes during warmups. However, Whittaker did not participate in 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 work.
* Tim Hough likely will start again opposite Lorenzo Burns at corner. Also expect to see a lot of Azizi Hearn.
* All five scholarship quarterbacks made the trip and participated in warmups. Khalil Tate is expected to start.
* It appears that Josh Pollack again will serve as Arizona's placekicker.
* Left tackle Layth Friekh was out for early warmups and did not have a brace on his ankle. He was moving around well. Friekh has been slowed the past two weeks.
* Freshman safety Dayven Coleman is dressed and warmed up. He's been out since suffering a knee injury vs. Southern Utah. He has a brace on his right knee.