The Arizona Wildcats announced former Iowa State head coach and UCLA defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads as the next defensive coordinator. The Star's Justin Spears and Michael Lev analyze the hire and what it means for Arizona's defense. Plus, Lev and Spears provide who they believe could be the best prospect for the Wildcats' 2020 recruiting class.
Justin writes stories and produces digital content about UA football and basketball and high school football. A Tucson native, Justin graduated from the UA in 2017 and is the host of the Wildcast Podcast and a radio host on ESPN Tucson.
Michael is an award-winning journalist who has been covering sports professionally since the early '90s. He started at the Star in 2015 after spending 15 years at The Orange County Register. Michael is a graduate of Northwestern University.
- Arizona Wildcats hire Paul Rhoads as new defensive coordinator
- Wildcats' Cate Reese, Semaj Smith proving to be a dangerous pair in the post
- Injured Arizona Wildcats forward Stone Gettings won't play vs St. Johns
- Back Page Talk episode 1— The sky isn't falling, Signing Day (with a twist) and Wildcats as Star Wars characters
- 41 Arizona Wildcats student-athletes on Pac-12's Fall Academic Honor Roll
- Arizona Wildcats 2019 season review: Tracking position grades, game by game
- Salpointe Catholic standouts sign, celebrate in shadow of UA campus
- Wildcats basketball, volleyball programs teamed up to land rare two-sport prospect
- Arizona Wildcats sign 12 players to open early signing period, but ‘mad scramble’ looms to add more
- 10 best things said at Friday's Arizona Wildcats football and basketball press conferences
- Canyon del Oro grad Ian Kinsler retires after 14 big-league seasons
- Paul Rhoads to focus on tackling, effort, fundamentals as new Wildcats defensive coordinator
- Scouting report: Arizona Wildcats vs. St. John's Red Storm
- Brenden Schooler, former Oregon receiver and brother of UA linebacker, transferring to Arizona
- Photos: St. John's 70, No. 16 Arizona Wildcats 67
- How ex-UA Wildcats fared in NBA this weekend