Justin Spears, Alec White and Bruce Pascoe preview the Arizona Wildcats' Pac-12 opener against rival Arizona State on Saturday at McKale Center. What did the Cats learn from their three losses in nonconference play? Plus, what are the biggest what-ifs in UA basketball from the 2010s? The guys also dive into this week's Pac-12 slate and predict the winners.
Justin writes stories and produces digital content about UA football and basketball and high school football. A Tucson native, Justin graduated from the UA in 2017 and is the host of the Wildcast Podcast and a radio host on ESPN Tucson.
Digital Sports Producer & Reporter
Alec has been with the Star since October 2019. He’s currently a senior at the University of Arizona and previously worked as sports editor for the Arizona Daily Wildcat.
- Here are four reasons why Saturday's game against ASU is Arizona's biggest yet
- Greg Hansen: 'Big Game Weekend' once pitted Devils, Wildcats against each other in nonconference play
- ASU star Remy Martin: Sun Devils 'definitely overlooked' after so-so start to season
- Arizona Wildcats add former Pinnacle HS standout Jordan Mains as walk-on
- Watch: Sean Miller makes clear what improvements Arizona needs to make, discusses ASU matchup
- Effort is everything to Sean Miller as Wildcats prepare for start of Pac-12 play
- Arizona Wildcats' Stone Gettings returning to full health, will play vs ASU
- 'Happy New Year': Wildcats land Georgetown transfer James Akinjo in first minutes of 2020
- After rough 2019, Tucson teams' fortunes should improve in 2020
- Hindsight in 2020: These what-if moments still linger with Arizona Wildcats fans
- Scouting report: Arizona Wildcats vs. Arizona State Sun Devils