As the Arizona Legislature passed the state budget and teacher pay plan Thursday morning, schools began planning for the return of their teachers as the walkout entered its sixth day.
Under this spending plan, teachers will get a roughly 19 percent pay bump over the next three years. There's also about $100 million in flex money that schools can allocate toward pay increases for support staff and other needs.
With the passage of the budget, here's what local school districts are planning for Friday, May 4:
• Tucson Unified School District will remain closed tomorrow with plans to re-open Monday. Check in on the district's Facebook page and website, where it will confirm plans for Monday by 11 a.m. Friday.
• Sunnyside Unified School District will re-open Friday, May 4.
• Marana Unified School District will re-open Friday with the regular school schedule and all district services except for after-school activity buses.
• Amphitheater Public Schools will re-open tomorrow, Friday, May 4.
• Catalina Foothills School District will re-open tomorrow.
• Sahuarita Unified School District re-opened Wednesday and is running on a half-day schedule through Friday.
• Tanque Verde Unified School District re-opened Wednesday with a half-day schedule through Thursday and plans for a full day Friday.
• Flowing Wells Unified School District re-opened Thursday and will remain open Friday.
• Vail School District opened Tuesday.