Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue will be moving its Speedway location a block south.
The standalone restaurant near the University of Arizona will close in May as developers of the two Hub student-housing towers are planning a third one on the site.
Mama’s will occupy 1,570 square feet of space on the ground floor of the original Hub, a 592-bed complex at 1011 N. Tyndall Ave.
Debbie Heslop, with Volk Co. represented Core Campus Tucson I LLC and Mama's was represented by John Ash, of CBRE.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Tractor Supply Co. bought 5.35 acres of land at the southeast corner of Indian Agency and Valencia roads from Tucson South Development Group LLC for $1.3 million. Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the seller and David Long, with The Long Corp., represented the buyer.
- MCR 1135 Jones LLC bought an 8,268-square-foot office building at 1135 N. Jones Blvd. from Intergalactic Inc. for $1 million. Tom Nieman, with Picor, represented the seller.
- A. Cruz & Company LLC bought a 6,400-square-foot industrial building at 1971 W. McMillan St. from JIMP Holdings LLC for $380,000. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the seller and James T. Lavery, with Realty Executives Tucson Elite. represented the buyer.
- The TJX Companies Inc. leased 21,000 square feet at the southwest corner of Cortaro Road and Arizona Pavilions Drive from AZPAV West LLC to open a TJ Maxx store. Brenna Lacey, of Volk Co., represented the tenant
- Filter Products Corp. leased 11,406 square feet at 4175 S. Fremont Ave. from Doubletree Investments Inc. Stephen D. Cohen and Russell W. Hall, with Picor, represented the landlord and Tim Healy, with CBRE, represented the tenant.
- Centro Familiar Getsemani leased 4,000 square feet at 1702 S. Winmor Ave. from International Evangelistic Mission. Denisse Angulo-Badilla, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- Dempsey’s Boarding Care LLC leased 2,177 square feet at 1152 N. Craycroft Road, from Deebco Properties. Andrew D. Sternberg and Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, handled the transaction.
- Dominic Escamilla Financial Services LLC, leased 1,577 square feet of office space at 4400 E. Broadway from 4400 Broadway LLC. Michael Gross, of Tucson Realty & Trust Co,. represented the landlord and Bob Herd, of Excelsior Real Estate, represented the tenant.