- Elizabeth Przygoda-Montgomery: The principal designer’s contemporary desert retreat garden has been named the recipient of three landscape design awards: a Gold Award in the Association of Professional Landscape Designers’ 2018 International Landscape Design Awards, and both a category winner (stunning structures) and overall winner in HGTV’s 2018 Ultimate Outdoor Awards. Przygoda-Montgomery is the owner of Boxhill.
- Vantage West Credit Union: Three local businesses were named winners of the credit union’s Thrive Tucson Business Spotlight contest. Rialto Theatre Foundation, QMULATIVE, and Borderlands Brewing Company each won the opportunity to be featured on the Vantage West-sponsored social media community spotlight segment, Thrive Tucson. The contest aimed to support Local First Arizona’s mission to encourage people to buy and bank local, and help build thriving local communities. The winners were selected from a pool of 41 entrants, all business owners with compelling stories of how they support the local community.
- Siovhan Ayala: The immigration attorney has been recognized by the American Institute Of Legal Counsel as Two Years 10 Best Legal Counsel for Client Satisfaction. The American Institute Of Legal Counsel is a third-party attorney rating organization that publishes an annual list of Top 10 Immigration Attorney in each state. The selection process is based on client and/or peer nominations, research and independent evaluation.
- American Advertising Federation: The AAF has selected AAF Tucson Board Member Steven Meckler as the recipient of its 2018 Chic Davis Memorial Award. The national recognition was developed to honor Chic Davis, a long-time member of the AAF, and to recognize a member from a local market who champions the organization, elevates its image, financial success and awareness. In 1980, Meckler moved to Tucson and established Meckler Photography. In addition to his commercial photography business, he has taught digital photography at Pima Community College, and workshops for high school photo students throughout the county.
- Allstate: A handful of Allstate exclusive agency owners have been designated Allstate Premier Agencies for 2018. The agency owners are: Shannon Burke, Edmund Marquez, Craig Pretzinger, John Quebedeaux, Armando Rubio and Maria Ventimiglia. The Premier Agency designation is awarded to Allstate agency owners who have demonstrated excellence in delivering a knowledgeable and personal customer experience, while achieving outstanding business results.
Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use “Biz Awards” in the email subject line.