HSL Properties has purchased a 13.59-acre multifamily development site adjacent to the Tucson Premium Outlets, 6401 W Marana Center Blvd., near Interstate 10 and Twin Peaks Road.
The company plans to build a 285-unit apartment complex on the site, known as Marana Center Parcel 3. The purchase price was $3.7 million. Mike Chapman and Justin Lanne, of NAI Horizon, represented the seller, Vintage Partners of Phoenix, doing business as VP Marana Investments LLC.
A four-story, 101-room Hampton Inn hotel is under construction on the mall’s east side, with completion planned later this year.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- Quananhdai LLC bought the 2,650-square-foot building and 28,260 square feet of land at 5010 S. Campbell Ave. for $650,000. The seller was the estate of Jackie L. Shettlesworth, Marilyn W. Velde, Kimberly Thorpe and Velde Family Trust. Jeramy Price, of Volk Co., represented the buyer in leasing the building to SWT Arizona Investments LLC, which will continue to operate a KFC franchise at the location.
- The Elizabeth J. Wong Trust sold a 1,324-square-foot building and 18,690 square feet of land at 3670 E. Grant Road to the city of Tucson for $420,000. Rick Borane, of Volk Co., represented the seller.
- Block One Property LLC leased 5,520 square feet at 3600 S. Palo Verde Road from Single Source Inc. Tim Healy, with CBRE, represented the tenant, and Rob Glaser, with Picor, represented the landlord.
- WSP USA Buildings Inc. leased 5,424 square feet at the Transamerica Building, 177 N. Church Ave., from TA Building Corp. Buzz Isaacson and Alex Hardie, with CBRE, represented the landlord.
- Adrian Lopez and Lizet A. Lopez leased 4,700 square feet at 4279 S. Santa Rita Ave. to run a distribution operation. Ron Zimmerman, with Picor, represented the tenant, and Kevin Volk, with Volk Co., represented the landlord, 4275 Santa Rita LLC.
- Old Republic Title Agency leased 2,080 square feet at Rooney Ranch, 10445 N. Oracle Road, from Berkeley Land Co. Inc. Buzz Isaacson and Alex Hardie, with CBRE, represented the landlord, and Deval Gupta, with Cushman and Wakefield’s Phoenix office, represented the tenant.
- Flying Leap Vineyard’s Tucson Tasting Room & Fine Art Gallery leased 1,419 square feet in Plaza Palomino, 2900 N. Swan Road. Ben Craney, Phil Skillings and Andrew Sternberg, with NAI Horizon, handled the transaction.