Tucson snagged eight spots on the 2017 Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards list, released this week, rubbing forks with nearly 3,600 of the world’s best restaurants, according to the magazine.
The Tucson restaurants were among more than 60 Arizona eateries on the list. Most of the others were from Phoenix and Scottsdale, including Tucson native Sam Fox’s Olive & Ivy.
Two of the Tucson entrants are outposts of national chains, one is a celebrated casino steakhouse and three are connected to Tucson area resorts.
Here are the Tucson restaurants on the list:
- Feast, 3719 E. Speedway, 326-9363; eatatfeast.com
- Maynards Market & Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave., 545-0577;
- PY Steakhouse, 5655 W. Valencia Road, at Casino del Sol Resort & Casino, 324-9350; casinodelsol.com
- Core Restaurant & Wine Bar at the Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain, 15000 N. Secret Springs Drive in Marana, 572-3000; ritzcarlton.com
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 6360 N. Campbell Ave., 529-5017; flemingssteakhouse.com
- The Lodge at Ventana Canyon, 6200 N. Club House Lane, 577-1400; thelodgeatventanacanyon.com
- The Grill at Hacienda del Sol, 5501 N. Hacienda Del Sol Road, 529-3500; haciendadelsol.com/dining
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse, 1785 E. River Road, 299-4275; sullivanssteakhouse.com
Contact reporter Cathalena E. Burch at email@example.com or 573-4642. On Twitter @Starburch